I nearly always use the stylus on my n800.

It should not be too difficult to let people "opt-in" to second language keyboard support through a configuration menu. Perhaps people can choose whether to to use caps lock or a second language.

I agree that more of the symbols need to be accessible from the main, non-shift menu. I also dislike having to hunt for the dash.

I don't mind learning "new features." What I dislike about this upgrade - similar to my annoyance with the Vista and ms-office upgrade - is that the cool features come with disappointing interface changes.

My N800 is faster; my vista system is more secure.

But many things on both don't work. And what works often turns unfamiliar and difficult to figure out.

--pk---

The Following User Says Thank You to komarek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Yah, I'll never have a need for second language. Alternate layouts, maybe...
On my 810 keyboard, I wish the Chr was another Ctrl.

On the fingerboard, does anyone know how to accept an autocomplete?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
On the fingerboard, does anyone know how to accept an autocomplete?
Just physically select the text with your finger to confirm you want to complete with the suggested word

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
I must be too twitchy. Touching the selection deletes it.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
I must be too twitchy. Touching the selection deletes it.
You need to touch the element of text that it is suggesting to add to the word.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Is there a bug on this I could vote for? ("VKB should have caps lock instead of language switch")

I searched today but didnt find any. This thread is so old, though, I hardly can believe nobody filed this bug/enhancement request.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I'm also curious about this. The problem I have with the language button is that when I tap it accidentally, it takes a second or two for the "language selection" dialog to popup... With the capslock key, I didn't really have that problem. If I tapped it on accident, I could untap it without missing a beat. As it stands, I have to pause typing for a little bit until the dialog pops up, just so I can close it. It gets really annoying. Alternatively, if I could just disable that button altogether, that would be fine because I don't even use an alternative language...

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
I'm also curious about this. The problem I have with the language button is that when I tap it accidentally, it takes a second or two for the "language selection" dialog to popup... With the capslock key, I didn't really have that problem. If I tapped it on accident, I could untap it without missing a beat. As it stands, I have to pause typing for a little bit until the dialog pops up, just so I can close it. It gets really annoying. Alternatively, if I could just disable that button altogether, that would be fine because I don't even use an alternative language...
No, you have problems because you don't even use an alternative language.
If you define an alternative language, even if it's the same, that dialog doesn't pop up. It just silently switches keyboard, settings, and dictionary, enabling a quick tap to restore, or you can even completely ignore it if they're identical.

It's also possible, I think, to redefine a language you don't use as an all-uppercase layout; assign that as a second language, and it would be a capslock...