Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by superjunior View Post
@British

Go to /home/user/.swype/SwypeConfig.ini and set "choice.widget.enable=false"
Simple yet effective, thanks !

That takes care of the choice list, but unfortunately the suggestion is still in full swing

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Netherlands
Is there a summary of what all the extra functionalities can do?

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Is there any way to disable the ability to swipe to a different keyboard? I can't tell how frustrated I get when I swipe to the stock keyboard when I'm trying to start a word with "p".
I accidently found out an answer to this question. Replacing "switch.gesture=swipe" by "switch.gesture=anythingyouwannawritehere" in your /home/user/.swype/SwypeConfig.ini seems to disable the keyboard swiping.

It may be more interesting to know actual keywords to put instead of "anythingyouwannawritehere" but, well, it's a start.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kihanos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
Ok, here is another setting, especially valuable for those who do not like this ugly key clicking sound of the Swype keyboard...

Add the following lines to your /home/user/.swype/SwypeConfig.ini:
Code:
meego.feedback.press.down=priority2_static_press
meego.feedback.press.up=priority2_static_release
meego.feedback.press.slide=priority2_vkb_sliding_press
Actually, I think the line with meego.feedback.press.slide is sufficient. Set that value to 0 to completely disable any feedback or look at the various folders in /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/feedbacks for other possible options. Personally I am using meego.feedback.press.slide=priority2_move which gives a smooth sound with haptic feedback. Restart your N9 to activate the changes!

Now I hope you will enjoy this ,,hack'' as much as I do... and please visit my blogpost for some more explanations (but it's in German -- sorry).

A last remark: Sometimes the first time (after changing the setting) the Swype Keyboards opens, the screen will go black completely. DON'T PANIC, the OS is still running, just swipe the app away and put it into foreground again with the task manager!

Last edited by mpy; 2012-09-06 at 07:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mpy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
I would appreciate if someone explaining those each options

Is there a way to change these settings within file manager? I can access the ini and open it, but it doesn't seem to allow changes. Can it be edited through notepad then copied to original ini? Just trying to find the easiest way to do so. Any info would be appreciated Thanks all!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Is there a way to change these settings within file manager? I can access the ini and open it, but it doesn't seem to allow changes. Can it be edited through notepad then copied to original ini? Just trying to find the easiest way to do so. Any info would be appreciated Thanks all!
in terminal as root

nano /path/to/file

once done editing press ctrl+X to save changes...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
I
Just trying to find the easiest way to do so. Any info would be appreciated Thanks all!

Install N9 QuickTweak http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80600
UseTweak "D"

The Following User Says Thank You to superjunior For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
in terminal as root
I prefer Fingerterm over the builtin terminal -- all special keys at hand at once. Very good for some quick editing, either with nano or vi.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Mpy have you looked into the newest swype builds???

i want it on the n9