Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I don't know, that's not a Yappari's bug, that's a problem in your connection. Maybe your ISP is being blocked by WhatsApp?
I actually doubt that cuz I've been using it in previous versions up until version 0.0.19 then I started noting this...It connects though once in awhile when I least expect it to...thanks all the same.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Even if I do that you won't be able to change from one device to the other without re-registering all the time, and you can only register like once a week.
I've got 2 N900s. Wanted to do this:
- N900 #1 just holds my primary SIM card & stays that way no matter what the situation.
- N900 #2 is used when i travel overseas & use a corresponding local pre-paid card.
- When overseas, data roaming is turned off on #1. Data plan is enabled on #2. Tar copy of Yappari from #1 is placed into #2. Yappari runs on #2 using IMSI & IMEI of #1, & using local non-roaming data plan of prepaid card. I get to stay on whatsapp of my local country without incurring a bomb that way. As of now, I've gotta run to WiFi spots everytime.

Above method shouldn't trigger re-registers I think?

Some things you pointed out made me curious (different methods of encoding on different devices)....
If #1 in above were another Android device, would method above still work? (Personally, if I were to retire the N900s, think newer Android devices would be the way forward, hence have an interest in them).

kh

Another enhancement request for future, Emoticon rendering in 'Status' and 'Group names'.

The Following User Says Thank You to leomax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Yappari hangs on "Connecting" right now.

Rebooting phone at the moment.

Edit: Not my phone. Could still be my internet connection. Anyone else having this problem? This could of course be the ominous future Scorpius predicted

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-10-04 at 17:23.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Just closed yappari and started it up again and I have the same problem.

edit: the only message in the log is:

Connecting to bin-short.whatsapp.net:5222 ...

I can ping bin-short.whatsapp.net ok, but can't open a tcp connection to port 5222 from any of my home computers or from a work one which is on a different ISP. So I am going to guess whatsapp servers just have a problem - unless part of their upgrade to the protocol is also changing the port they use for communication.

Last edited by af7567; 2012-10-04 at 17:34. Reason: Added info

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
https://twitter.com/wa_status
System currently having problems. Will update you as we learn more. Sorry for the downtime.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I just disconnected and reconnected again and I'm logged in, so I guess I'm lucky.

I guess it depends on your country or something. But it's a WhatsApp worldwide problem.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
https://twitter.com/wa_status
Thanks. Could have searched myself but I guess I panicked

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by af7567 View Post
So I am going to guess whatsapp servers just have a problem - unless part of their upgrade to the protocol is also changing the port they use for communication.
Ports 443 and 5222 are standard in all WhatsApp clients and it cycles every time you connect (not in Yappari though).

when the next update going to hit..waiting eagrly.. Scorpius the legend..

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp