Hello,

I recently flashed to the new Diablo from Chinook. I know there are a lot of packages that haven't been updated to Diablo yet, so this my just be a case of wait-it-out, but I thought I would check here in any case.

1) Pidgin, VNCViewer, etc apps are missing from Diablo extras. I've installed the Chinook versions per recommendations, but are there any problems in doing so?

2) Wizard-Mounter: (SMBFS, CIFS) I installed wizard-mounter using red-pill from the Chinook repo, but I think that was a_bad_thing. It launches, but when I try to mount, it segfaults. I can't find the kernel modules...how can I mount smbfs via the commandline? I would like to watch movies with mplayer over SMB.

3) rdesktop from Chinook gives a library error: libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file. Any ideas?

I like the new a-gps on my n810 and the speed boosts overall and mplayer, but I hope they iron out the 3rd party apps soon...I miss this functionality from Chinook greatly.

Lastly, where should one get up to date info on Diablo? The wiki's here and maemo.org are sort of out of date. It's very hard to find out information about these problems.

Thanks,

-poorman

The Following User Says Thank You to poorman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
I've found that Diablo offers CIFS out of the box.
You can browse (at least public) shares directly from built-in filemanager.
Almost exactly as bluetooth and UPNP devices.

The filemanager method is pretty, but useless for a lot of things. Things opened through it don't correspond to actual files in the filesystem, so they can't be accessed through the command line and more importantly, through programs like mplayer. Lack of support for this is annoying.