Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
New release of the SMSCON Editor (version 0.4.3-7).

changelog:
- Changed the way the configuration file is edited to allow execution of the SMSCON Editor with user privileges. Now the application can be opened from the applications menu.
- General cleanup of the code. (reduced the size by 40%)

(Don't have yet the rights to upload in extras) you can find it in garage.

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-09-12 at 01:48.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
I'm having hard time setting up the email
The email option is limited (at this point in time) to smtp servers that don't require secure authentication. Digitalvoid is working to make it functional with more servers.

Can this be your problem?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
I created a new smtp account that is not ssl, but i still couldn't recieve an email. Do you know any email service that doesn't require secure authentication?

Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
I created a new smtp account that is not ssl, but i still couldn't recieve an email. Do you know any email service that doesn't require secure authentication?
After changing the configuration file (manually or with the editor) in order the new configuration to be applied it is need to stop/start the process. (In the next version of the editor will do the reload after each change automatically.)

Sorry, I don't have any proposals for the server.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Poland
@ Saturn
Do you fix bug's from my post??

Originally Posted by knypek3 View Post
@ Saturn
Do you fix bug's from my post??
Sorry that I forgot to answer.

The MAILFROM field is not handled at the moment as I don't have the space in the tab to add it.

The call to trigger its update is already in the code and I will try to find a solution/space to add it in the UI in one of the future versions.

@ Saturn

The mailfrom is the smallest problem

I have solution: I have the same email from as email to - i use one account to send and recived emails. You can do it like this.

How about this bugs:
Code:

SSH: Tested: Working but, when my friend call to me when i have established connection, connection was terminated. Than i one more time established connection - in log write - ssh already estabilished... but it don't.
Also i get sms ssh connection estabilished only when i close connection. Not when i connected, but when i end connection

Log: Logs are deleted when i reboot n900 :/

Boot: I try to set autoload on boot, but i can't i try with GUI and also with smscon -boot, but i can't When i reboot phone and type smscon -status it replay me smscon_daemon is off.

New release of SMSCON Editor ( 0.4.3-8)

Release Notes:
- The Editor will trigger a reload of the new configuration after every update of the config file.
- Temporarily the MailFrom field in the email settings will be filled by the MailAddress (in the future will get its own element in the GUI).
- Renamed buttons in the UI from "Create Settings" to "Update Settings".

(Don't have yet the rights to upload in extras) you can find it in garage.

Another bug this time in GUI:
Code:
root
cd patch
dpkg -i smscon.deb (version without gui)
installed
dpkg -i smscon1.deb (GUI)
setting up smscon_editor (0.4.3-7)
chmod /usr/share/applications/hildon-control-panel/smscon_editor.desktop nosuch file or directory
chown /usr/share/applications/hildon-control-panel/smscon_editor.desktop nosuch file or directory

/opt/smscon_configuration/smscon_editor.py
sh .... not found

To install it run:
[CODE]
root
apt-get remove smscon
cd patch
dpkg -i smscon(newest ver).deb
dpkg -i (oldest version gui).deb
dpkg -i (newest version gui).deb

than don't go to:
but
open
/opt/smscon_editor/smscon_editor.py

Everything working but i have some errors when i install it.

Last edited by knypek3; 2010-09-12 at 10:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to knypek3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knypek3 View Post
Another bug this time in GUI:
Code:
root
cd patch
dpkg -i smscon.deb (version without gui)
installed
dpkg -i smscon1.deb (GUI)
setting up smscon_editor (0.4.3-7)
chmod /usr/share/applications/hildon-control-panel/smscon_editor.desktop nosuch file or directory
chown /usr/share/applications/hildon-control-panel/smscon_editor.desktop nosuch file or directory

sh .... not found

To install it run:
[CODE]
root
apt-get remove smscon
cd patch
dpkg -i smscon(newest ver).deb
dpkg -i (oldest version gui).deb
dpkg -i (newest version gui).deb

than don't go to:
but
open
/opt/smscon_editor/smscon_editor.py

Everything working but i have some errors when i install it.
Thanks for the pointers. Those are some leftovers in the build script. I will cleanup for the next version but they don't cause any harm.

Remember you don't need dpkg to install or update the SMSCON or the editor applications. Click from inside the browser on the garage page and will ask you if you want to install it.