Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
The N900 can read any SDHC compliant cards. SDHC has a maximum volume size of 32GB.

Any SD card higher then that would be SDXC compliant and the N900 can't read that format.

(SDXC maximum volume size of 2TB)

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
The N900 can read any SDHC compliant cards. SDHC has a maximum volume size of 32GB.

Any SD card higher then that would be SDXC compliant and the N900 can't read that format.

(SDXC maximum volume size of 2TB)
Is the problem with SDXC compatibility related to proprietary filesystem or is there a hardware limitation?

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
how did you come to that conclusion?
the N900 should read SDXC fine, it's just a matter of the filesystem in use. if you want to use the SDXC card under windows as well, it might be a bit tricky since exFAT for Linux isn't there yet (as far as i know), but if you format the card with ext3 there shouldn't be any problem.

see this thread f.ex.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Well was just cruising and found this thread, just tested my Kingston 64 GB class 10 memory card (model: SD10A/64GB Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) on my N900 and works like a charm!

And on the topic of .folders, if you're not using a Unix/Linux machine and are stuck on PC/MAC, then you can use Xterminal to copy/move your files and folders on SD card.

First get access to be in root by installing "chroot"

Xterminal Commands:

Code:
1. sudo gainroot

2. cd /home/user/MyDocs/

3. for moving the file/folder to SD card:

mv {file/foldername} /media/mmc1

4. for copying the file/folder to SD card:

cp {file/foldername} /media/mmc1
OR you can use 3rd party explorer softwares to access your files like "CuteExplorer".

Last edited by Spunk; 2011-03-29 at 19:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spunk For This Useful Post:
wow..nice find..btw did u do file system checks after copying lots of large files ? for any corruption issues ?

nkirk

Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
wow..nice find..btw did u do file system checks after copying lots of large files ? for any corruption issues ?

nkirk
Will do later in the day once i get the time to transfer large files. will keep you posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by Spunk View Post
Well was just cruising and found this thread, just tested my Kingston 64 GB class 10 memory card (model: SD10A/64GB Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) on my N900 and works like a charm!

And on the topic of .folders, if you're not using a Unix/Linux machine and are stuck on PC/MAC, then you can use Xterminal to copy/move your files and folders on SD card.

First get access to be in root by installing "chroot"

Xterminal Commands:

Code:
1. sudo gainroot

2. cd /home/user/MyDocs/

3. for moving the file/folder to SD card:

mv {file/foldername} /media/mmc1

4. for copying the file/folder to SD card:

cp {file/foldername} /media/mmc1
OR you can use 3rd party explorer softwares to access your files like "CuteExplorer".
would u like to explain how to insert microsd slot. searching on google but doubtly with the form which is look a standar mmc

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
would u like to explain how to insert microsd slot. searching on google but doubtly with the form which is look a standar mmc
I tested it in USB host mode.. its a SD card and not a micro SD.