Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
removed folders .waze purged,reinstalled and tried again

got another error

Code:
/home/user # cd /opt/waze/bin
/opt/waze/bin # ./waze
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
13:06:55.174 s..debug.. ../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 50 roadmap_backlight_initialize() - Current setting : no 	[File: '../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc'; Line: 50]
13:06:55.178 s..debug.. ../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 78 roadmap_set_backlight() - Current setting : no 	[File: '../waze/qt/roadmap_device.cc'; Line: 78]
13:06:55.179 s..debug.. ../waze/roadmap_power.c, line 97 Starting the periodic for power. Period: 30000. 	[File: '../waze/roadmap_power.c'; Line: 97]
13:06:55.180 s..debug.. ../waze/roadmap_map_settings.c, line 116 intialiazing map settings 	[File: '../waze/roadmap_map_settings.c'; Line: 116]
13:06:55.181 s..debug.. ../waze/roadmap_download_settings.c, line 85 intialiazing map settings 	[File: '../waze/roadmap_download_settings.c'; Line: 85]
Segmentation fault
gianko, try to run it as 'user', not 'root'.
if you want to execute waze from xterm, do not run 'sudo gainroot' before call waze.
i also get this error when execute waze in root mode.

Originally Posted by gianko
if can be of any help... i got errors while tring to use QML gui with qt_qpainter in Navit, like

navit: plugin_load: can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so', Error '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV14EmbeddedWidget'
same output occurs in here.
i think navit-qml doesn't compatible with the cssu qt-library, but it doesn't affect waze.
in my device, waze is running properly

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by coredumb View Post
gianko, try to run it as 'user', not 'root'.
if you want to execute waze from xterm, do not run 'sudo gainroot' before call waze.
i also get this error when execute waze in root mode.
thank you for the suggestion, but i guess this is not the issue, it always give segmentation fault with "non root" permission.

i have a question: should i be able to run waze in xterm from anywhere just typing waze? with navit it works, but with waze i can only go to /opt/waze/bin and then type ./waze

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
i have a question: should i be able to run waze in xterm from anywhere just typing waze? with navit it works, but with waze i can only go to /opt/waze/bin and then type ./waze
you could run waze from anywhere, by adding '/opt/waze/bin' in your PATH environment variable, or make waze symbolic link in /usr/bin.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Waze on my N9 and it does not seem to activate the GPS. When in Waze the GPS icon does not show on the status bar. Other GPS applications work just fine.

Thanks for your help and let me know if there is anything I can post to help fix this. I would like to use Waze.

-Mike

The Following User Says Thank You to mikee805 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mikee805 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Waze on my N9 and it does not seem to activate the GPS. When in Waze the GPS icon does not show on the status bar. Other GPS applications work just fine.

Thanks for your help and let me know if there is anything I can post to help fix this. I would like to use Waze.

-Mike
if u have installed it from the appsformeego, it might be it. You might need to uninstall and install it from the link in the first post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
if u have installed it from the appsformeego, it might be it. You might need to uninstall and install it from the link in the first post

Works now thanks for the quick reply!

I appreciate it.

-Mike

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
i still have to fix the segmentation fault issue...any other ideas? can change something installing from the link in the first post or from the repo with faster app manager?

i still have to fix the segmentation fault issue...any other ideas? can change something installing from the link in the first post or from the repo with faster app manager?
I'm afraid that reinstalling it won't solve the segfault. In the next release I am rewriting the network layer (huge huge task) in hope that it will solve other related crashes that people experience.

In the meanwhile, I will try to recompile Waze in debug mode so that when it crash it creates a corefile which allows me to see the exact stacktrace for what happened

Is it possible to increase font size?

it's a bit hard to read the text messages while driving.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Is it possible to increase font size?

it's a bit hard to read the text messages while driving.
the ui layer along withe the fonts will be rewritten in one of the next versions - it is a lot of work and will take some time.