Active Topics

Yesterday i had to reflash my n900 because (and i dont know why) after 2-3 hours of usage it rebooted itself.Once flashed it worked fine and the problem is gone..BUT here comes another one..i think camera stopped working properly.. low light pictures and videos now have a lot of noise..i can't film anything due to this fact...look here this simple test i've made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkRrRMjktU

and think that youtube does not render it properly..the lines are much more marked than how youtube shows em.. also taking picture in lowlight conditions is terrible look at the pic i attached.. (that would be supposed to be my dog lol)
I tried to flash the device again but problem persists.. Videos and picture in daylight are just great but when thers low light.. :/
What do you think ? thanks in advance to everyone
Attached Images

Last edited by Devyn; 2010-03-23 at 10:53.

anyone ? :-(

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
looks like a serious problem...but i must say that my camera works perfectly...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
I think it's just you, because my camera, thankfully, works like a charm producing crisp pictures. Good luck fixing it though!

Yeah, mine works perfect too.

the problem is if its something software or hardware (((( i think that it if would be hw pics in daylight should have this noise too...or not ? :S

Last edited by Devyn; 2010-03-21 at 19:00.

I dont know what to say but one thing I would like u to try is changing the exposure of the camera in low light. may b that can help for the lines. just try to increase the exposure ( +1, +1.5, +2).

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
What did you reflash with? Which image version, and what did you have before?
Have you tried to see if any other updates are available?
For me personally, I would say my camera was slightly BETTER after the last firmware update.

i had the latest firmware version available and the same now.. i used nokia software updater ..

im thinking its an hardware issue..