Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by jcharpak View Post
pidgin gui part is indeed based on gtk
Which, together with fact that pidgin is basically a gui build over libpurple makes it easier to write something new (gui) using libpurple than port pidgin or port some existing qt gui, e.g. http://www.qutecom.org/ (google returned this to me, I haven't tested if it compiles, in the code there are switches to compile it with either gtk or qt, so if there are no other dependencies - it might be compilable for n9/n950 )

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Does this support audio/video calls and file transfers ? Oh and another vote for harmattan version if it does.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
i dont know if pidgin depends on gtk(and i wont bother to check ), but if it does than this in not going to happen
Yes, it does. And GTK is already ported to Harmattan by MartinK. So it's only the GUI part that needs to be done

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Which, together with fact that pidgin is basically a gui build over libpurple makes it easier to write something new (gui) using libpurple than port pidgin or port some existing qt gui, e.g. http://www.qutecom.org/ (google returned this to me, I haven't tested if it compiles, in the code there are switches to compile it with either gtk or qt, so if there are no other dependencies - it might be compilable for n9/n950 )
Try to compile and lets test it to see the results!

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Try to compile and lets test it to see the results!
I don't have N9 and I'm too busy with N900 development in my free time to even install N9's SDK and try, maybe someone else who has more time will do that Doesn't N9 have libpurple integrated into messaging system like N900 has? Then, theoretically, one could only compile libpurple and make N9 use the new one instead of stock one (N900 has a package called "Pidgin protocols plugin for conversations and contacts" - http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...t-plugin-haze/ which does that). I can promise you however that if I manage to enter this year's coding competition and win either N9 or N950, I will try to compile qutecom

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I really hope that Pidgin will be ported to Harmattan.
Just like the Hildonized Pidgin, having a Harmattanized (?) one would be very great. (Like having an tray icon and running in the background)

Would like to donate for the one who will Harmattanize Pidgin!
i really want pidgin too.. i hope someone make it for the n9

I only have 2 questions:

1. Could you please make Album plugin (https://www.guifications.org/project...ory/show/album) works with Pidgin Maemo?
2. Where is your DONATION button?

Thanks a lot. Been waiting for too long for this apps to be finally updated

1. Yep, see the first post. If you want other plugins from Purple Plugin Pack, I could also attach them. I've got them all, but I tested only Album so far. I think I'll make a package out of them and put it in the repository soon.

2. It was nowhere to be found, because 1) I don't have a project of my own 2) I was afraid that donations would make me feel obligated to do more work than I'm comfortable with, while I'm here just for fun.

However, after pondering it for a while, even though I haven't started my own project from scratch, I've spent quite a lot of time on Open Media Player and some time on Pidgin too. I just added a donation link to my signature and I guess I'll just wait and see how it impacts the amount of pleasure I get from developing.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
1. Yep, see the first post. If you want other plugins from Purple Plugin Pack, I could also attach them. I've got them all, but I tested only Album so far. I think I'll make a package out of them and put it in the repository soon.

2. It was nowhere to be found, because 1) I don't have a project of my own 2) I was afraid that donations would make me feel obligated to do more work than I'm comfortable with, while I'm here just for fun.

However, after pondering it for a while, even though I haven't started my own project from scratch, I've spent quite a lot of time on Open Media Player and some time on Pidgin too. I just added a donation link to my signature and I guess I'll just wait and see how it impacts the amount of pleasure I get from developing.
Wow, thanks. That was a fast response
Will try this ASAP

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
Does this update affect skype on n900 ?
No, in neither positive nor negative way.

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
Wow, thanks. That was a fast response
Will try this ASAP
I have packaged Purple Plugin Pack today. Album is included, so if you decide to install it from the repositories, it's a good idea to remove the album.so file which was attached in the first post (from "/home/user/.purple/plugins/").

I have also uploaded a small update for Pidgin, in which collapsing and expanding of buddy groups works more conveniently (no accidental expanding while scrolling or long-pressing to collapse).

Last edited by gidzzz; 2012-06-21 at 21:46. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post: