Active Topics

If I was to pick up a used n900 what carriers would I be able to use it on?? Possibly a pay as you go plan?

I am itching to get back into Maemo/MeeGo. iPad is fun and solid, but I want an always on device to carry around. My Android phone is just well... Android at this point.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
T-Mobile for true 3G data access. But you can use EDGE/GPRS for data on AT&T and be able to make calls just fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Seeing as I pay for an entire family plan w/ full data on Sprint already, I wonder if there are any T-Mobile pay as you go options.

I suppose I could also root my phone and use it as a hotspot.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
There is a $10 T-Mobile prepaid Blackberry plan for data. Perhaps you could apply that to the N900 the same way people have applied the T-Mobile Sidekick plan to the N900.

That leads me to ask whether or not it is possible to use the BB plan on the N900, if so, has anyone tried it?

BB plan (last one):

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaid-plans.aspx

Check this thread for more info on T-Mobile prepaid (some people were even able to use the $10 dumb phone data plan on the N900:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=prepaid

I have a pay-per-month plan with T-Mobile, I was willing to sign a contract but the service rep I talked to said there really wasn't a need to. The reason people sign contracts is to get the subsidized phone price. If you've already got the phone you should be able to find something on T-Mobile.

The Following User Says Thank You to dDoS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
T-Mobile removed the 'Even More Plus' (no contract) plans from their website a few months ago, but I believe these plans are still available, if you talk to a T-Mobile representative.

Of course I could be wrong, or the terms/prices on the plans may be different for new customers vs legacy plans/pricing, since I noticed that they started mentioning hard limits on data usage, and ditched the old 'unlimited' wording.

There are non contract plans here: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaid-plans.aspx
But a bit expensive IMHO.

what i like about t-mobile is eventhough they said its 30mb of data or 100mb even if you exceed that limit they might slow your internet down but atleast you dont have to pay more and they wont cut you off either... can any carrier offer that in usa?

Yes, Virgin Mobile gives you sort of unlimited data (2.5 Gb fast) for 25 bucks a month. And you also get 300 minutes and unlimited texting.

and what do you mean by sort of unlimited data? my definition of unlimited is unlimited no caps no bs...

so where can i buy the simcard?
cause i really want to use my n900 on it if its that cheap

Last edited by Changegames; 2011-07-02 at 06:41.