Active Topics

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Maybe N9 starts charging and triggers overcurrent protection of N900
Oh, I see. You have a point. I've never looked at it in a hardware sense before.

My friend has a Galaxy Note and we all know there's USB OTG. So I plugged my N900 to the Note for the sake of trying it and it worked. I wish I could do the same between my N9 and N900 because I desperately need to share files (large ones i.e. movies) from my N900 to my 16GB-ONLY N9. I now start looking for ways to get file transfer done via WIFI so that I can at least share files between my N9 and N900 in an environment with a WIFI connection.

Why environment with WiFi? You can always create ad-hoc wifi between two devices.

Anyway, for connecting them via USB on the go, You need Y-cable and 5V power supply, that can deliver 500 mA. It doesn't need to be from mains - it can be, as good, battery pack (with regulator! If You don't know how to DIY, just buy one available on market. Cheapest ones do stepup from 1,5V AA battery to 5V, and should suffice, for short transfer).

It wouldn't be a problem, if N9 would be smart enough to tell it that it *shouldn't* charge itself, but...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-07-28 at 18:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
See thread about new application for switching between peripheral & host mode in thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85658

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Why environment with WiFi? You can always create ad-hoc wifi between two devices.

Anyway, for connecting them via USB on the go, You need Y-cable and 5V power supply, that can deliver 500 mA. It doesn't need to be from mains - it can be, as good, battery pack (with regulator! If You don't know how to DIY, just buy one available on market. Cheapest ones do stepup from 1,5V AA battery to 5V, and should suffice, for short transfer).

It wouldn't be a problem, if N9 would be smart enough to tell it that it *shouldn't* charge itself, but...

/Estel
I've never known it's possible so I'll start to look for ways on the ad-hoc WIFI method.

I have a portable USB battery pack to charge my N9 and N900 with. Is that the one I can use for the second method?

Absolutely yes. you jsut need so-called USB Y-cable. Google for it - it's easily obtainable, or even easier DIY'able.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Absolutely yes. you jsut need so-called USB Y-cable. Google for it - it's easily obtainable, or even easier DIY'able.

/Estel
Estel,

Thanks for your pointer. I found out how to setup an ad-hoc network between my N900 and N9, and the transfer rate is about 100MB per minute, and I'm very happy about it.

Now I don't need h-e-n anymore (not that it's a bad software, it's just not what I need), and so I don't need to install kernel-power, which I believe is causing "reboot" to behave as shutdown only i.e. powering off the N900 without being able to start it up afterwards.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Originally Posted by nokix View Post
Estel,

Thanks for your pointer. I found out how to setup an ad-hoc network between my N900 and N9, and the transfer rate is about 100MB per minute, and I'm very happy about it.

Now I don't need h-e-n anymore (not that it's a bad software, it's just not what I need), and so I don't need to install kernel-power, which I believe is causing "reboot" to behave as shutdown only i.e. powering off the N900 without being able to start it up afterwards.
Can you pl help me with your explored-method, how to make ad-hoc wifi between two wifi devices? I am a noob. Thanks in advance...

Not in this thread, please.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Is it possible to use the kernel from http://david.gnedt.eu/blog/wl1251/ in tandem with hostmode-gui so I would be able to do packet injection and use the host mode?

Or by having this kernel installed and installing hostmode-gui, would hostmode-gui just replace the custom kernel from wl1251?

@zitstif: Use kernel-power >= v51 - it has included usb host mode patches and also wifi wl1251 injection driver.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host