Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I've come across two technologies lately that I wonder about using with the N810:

1) the E61i has a bluetooth profile called BIP (basic imaging profile) which has a mode for remote display. That, along with HID, makes me wonder if you could completely remote control the E61i from another device. Anyone know if the N810 can do BIP? I know it can do HID, because someone wrote a program for that, but what I'd really like to see is a combined BIP/HID program.

2) I found this gem for running on Symbian S60v3 phones:

Mobiola Remote Phone Control

But I don't know if you can run the client side of it from an N810 (I mean, if it's VNC compatible, then great... but if not ... ?).

Anyone have any insights into using the tablets with either of those techniques? Seems like it'd be nice to be able to use it with the E66 or something. Especially if there's WCDMA 1700 support.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Nokia labs have a web based control utility for S60 tablets http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/pcphone , but it is for Internet Explorer only. Not actually downloaded it to look at but I'd bet that it's activeX - It's a real shame that they cannot churn something out for the NIT browser as it is what a lot of people are crying out for.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Derby, UK
Cars (esp. BMW) seem to be using Remote SIM access (SIM Access Profile) to effectively use a mobile phone remotely through bluetooth. Its a pity this isn't available for the NIT (although I know its mainly Nokia who provide this SIM access profile on their phones).

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I got a reply from the mobiola customer support team:

they don't support maemo
they don't support macs (my desktop both at work and at home)

Wonder how hard it'd be to extend libgnoki to utilize BIP and HID for more interaction with the phone.