Update went well and it works fine. Third party software is partially missing. Quickoffice and pdf-reader are at least still missing. Nokia told that problem is under investigation and will be corrected.

Browser is much better and also the caldendar

Last edited by koivjann; 2011-08-18 at 17:33. Reason: Typo and more info

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
This was a forced release. I bet they wanted to turn attention away from this:

http://dailymobile.se/2011/08/16/sym...e-to-download/

And by the testing of it, seems more stable than Anna at it's current state...hmmm
If only worked in an E7...

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Your hatred is immense!!! Did Elop nail your mother?

Chill out - come 2012, we're all dead anyway, so enjoy your shiny new N9 when it comes out
LOL The internet, the internet.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Stone age my ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCW813XWSZw

And btw, how do you know how it feels to live in the stone age? Have you had such an experience? Please become a public figure and share your experience.
First lemme tell u ,dont get PERSONAL ,dont even think about it .

your frustration for an UPDATE between all these years explains everything to me,symbian sukcs big time and i know that,and if you didnt know then you would know by the time .
you talking about experience ? 2 times i bought a symbian nokia handset ,JUST FOR A GOOD BATTERY LIFE because nokia handsets are worst of a multimedia machine,cuz nothing else can be expected from sucha shyt .
symbian belle ? ( an other fart by nokia )
new virtual keyboard >>where is the fuking finger friendly capacitive touch ? ( lemme know when nokia gets an Apple touch screen )
new icons >>thats not a big deal,there are so many icon makers in the market .you can make even better
new browser >> so now you can wide two fingers to zoom in or out ,if thats what makes you happy.fuk it .others handsets had this feature long ago .
symbin is,was,ever will be an old fart .( though thats all my personal POV )

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
...BUT! Classic Nokia shenanigans. What a surprise. The web is packed full of comments from people updating their S^3 devices to Anna, only to find certain features go missing, error messages on reboot, promised features such as portrait qwerty not there, the list goes on.
And to keep up their relentless giving-American-customers-the-finger, apparently they will be last on the list of countries for the update. Great new US strategy Nokia. Wonderful start.

I'd like to see Elop try to update his N8 and have those problems people are having and realize things aren't going the way he likes to think they are. But he doesn't use an N8 does he. Or an N9. He probably uses a prototype iPhone5 the numpty.

thed update problem is probazdly relatedd to that edery damn person is trying upgradce at same time.

I finally got everyhthing downloaded after some retrys for my workphone c7 and the vkb is way better than previously also nfc should be enabled not tried yet thought...

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I have had Anna for two months now, now problems.

I don't understand you americans. You will be among the first to have WP. You constantly whine about Symbian, yet you want to be treated as first class customers.

You are a sorry bunch of cry babies.
wrong I am sweden and I also nhad BIG PROBLEMS tgo get the updaate done. I had to retry 10 times before I got all damn files downloaded took about four hours. and the OS sitll has probledmss wifi ldisconnects and ovistore app doessnt load. probabdly cause everyone access at same time but still it is stupid by Nokia. if the ****ing servers cant work because many access they should upgrade the damn servers!!!

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
maybe this has something to do with it:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...illion_dow.php

I am sure apt-get will work better than Nokias crap symbian packet manager....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
no body gives a fk about symbian now a days ,it is way too old fashioned .feels like living in Stone-Age .
Don agree Belle looks more and more like N9...

My guess is we will see swipe on Symbian 2012....

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I have had Anna for two months now, now problems.

I don't understand you americans. You will be among the first to have WP. You constantly whine about Symbian, yet you want to be treated as first class customers.

You are a sorry bunch of cry babies.
i rather have stable symbian belle than useless windows phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia, symbian anna