Nokia held a event in Cape Town, South Africa on 22 Sept. They announced that the N9 will be available in SA from mid October. The operator I'm with is also advertising the device.

Sad thing is that my contract is up for renewal only in July next year Hopefully I can still get one by that time....

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
there is only "icon" bookmarking :-/
There is apps bookmarking if you have for example your own homepage you can use it.

I made a bookmark htm file and saved it in documents. That's easy workaround by local file. Thanks for a hint.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to koivjann For This Useful Post:

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm also in the US. But there's a serious connection I have in Mexico City. More on that in a bit when I get concrete answers.

The price has started at 12,000 Pesos - around $878 USD - and now has dropped to like 7,000 Pesos - around $517 USD.

I have no idea what the final price is, but let's just say I have a very reliable connection that I honestly didn't even think about tapping up until two weeks ago.

Message me if you're able to get more than 1 & when u find out more deets. Thanks....

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
@koivjann

Does the N9 have a stock file browser? If so, can it be launched from within the web browser (i.e. for file uploads or choosing of download location)?

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
No there was no file manager, but in Ovi store there was one which I loaded already and it works. You cannot use webbrowser as in N900 for file browsing.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to koivjann For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guffaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
No there was no file manager, but in Ovi store there was one which I loaded already and it works. You cannot use webbrowser as in N900 for file browsing.
Yes, I have a couple of third-party file managers installed on my N950. They work great, but with the stock browser being closed source, it looks like it will never be possible to perform a simple task like uploading an image file via the browser (unless you use an alternative browser like Firefox, which is OK, but sluggish in performance compared to the stock browser). I suppose Nokia would say that there's 'an app for that'. The problem is that there are many sharing services that will not be supported by plugins or applications, so there is still a need for that functionality IMO.

Nokia, I am disappoint.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Norway update:
Telenor got confirmed 30 Sep. but all the other sites (not Telecom.) selling N9 have changed date to 15-25 Oct.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guffaw For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
...but with the stock browser being closed source...
So the UI (swipe) and the browser are closed source? What else is closed source?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????