Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
thank you

i upgrade before via xterm and i got multiboot so i use "apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg" im on kp49 already.. yep i follow instructions..

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
what is actually this red led btw?
red camera light..lights up when camera is active..both in photos or video capturing...stil..dont see how to do it...

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
What better way to start the week than with a new version of kernel-power!?

Upgrade went smooth, and I now have v50 up and runing! Feels great thus far.

The Following User Says Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
thanks, seems like it boots a bit quicker. we greatly appreciate the hard work you continue to put in pali!

after update to v50 i can't open any movie in Maemo player. it writes unsupported media format. can anyone check and confirm... maybe i am not the only one confronting with that problem. Thx

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Qatar
Pali congrats for your hard work KP50 working very fine for me thanks....

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Please anyone who has not enabled SR, to do a little experimenting with default and dsp profiles and to confirm/not if SR is stable and how is the battery life with SR. Also if you have your own undervolting profile, I will appreciate a comparison between your manually tuned voltages and SR calculated. SR should be rock stable in KP50, but I need a confirmation.

Note:
Have in mind that if you have your own undervolting profile, SR would not make battery life better, at least not much.

Not stable for my device yet, did a little testing with default dsp and a modified dsp profile.

I find that SR is not stable for stock mpu clocks above 600hz, voltage seems to be too low for stability even at default DSP clock(430).

eg 720 xx 430 (voltage 45 shown with kernel config)
805 xx 430 ..

both = fail, occasional reboot when locked on each frequency with 90+ % mpu load for above 3-4 minutes.

Tried doing a dirty trick to achieve stability by using dsp boost @ 250,

I do not wish to oc the DSP unnecessarily (I use 850 xx 600 for video recording purpose),so i upped the dsp by 10 mhz to trigger the dsp boost voltages on lower clocks. which will result in the mpu being supplied with more juice.

eg 720 xx 440 (voltage 46 shown with kernel config)
805 xx 440 ...

Still not very stable when the the DSP is loaded with 720p video, it results in a definite reboot after a few minutes of playback.

I would stick with my custom profile till the issue is hopefully sorted.

/nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2012-03-19 at 16:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
Not stable for my device yet, did a little testing with default dsp and a modified dsp profile.

I find that SR is not stable for stock mpu clocks above 600hz, voltage seems to be too low for stability even at default DSP clock(430).
Anything above 600 MHz for MPU is not stock

Tried doing a dirty trick to achieve stability by using dsp boost @ 250,
dsp boost kicks in only when DSP is active, otherwise it is not used

Still not very stable when the the DSP is loaded with 720p video, it results in a definite reboot after a few minutes of playback.
On which profile?

Could you please post both your custom profile and the result of kernel-config show with SR enabled, so I can compare calculated vs manually tuned values.

Also could you confirm(not) that SR is stable for you with "default" profile loaded, i.e. no OC

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
firstly thanks to everyone involved with power v50 cheers (Pali, Freemangordon)
I am using dsp profile min @ 500 max @ 805 with sr enabled and had no playback problems and no reboots. battery life seems okay as well

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali