Notices

Awesome!, I am sure a few people here will be interested to hear this!, thankyou so much!

The Following User Says Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
I ordered one today

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
AFAIK: no.
But I don't have a Pebble yet (backed the Time Steel though), and aren't familiar with the code base of this app. But a couple of days ago I did some investigation, and it doesn't look like it should be that hard to get notifications working for the Time (Steel). So it's just a matter of having the time to implement it. After I've gotten mine I will probably try to give that a go. But as said, I don't have my Time Steel yet (hopefully will arrive in a couple of weeks), and it will probably also take some time to properly implement it.
If you can get it going, donation will be heading your way!. I donated to the app on openrepos yesterday, so fingers crossed we can get some movement

I've invested in buying a pebble time steel, so I'll invest some more in the software to get it working!. I just don't have the know how!

Last edited by wormdrummer; 2015-08-30 at 22:48.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Pebble daemon works with the Pebble Time (Steel).
The things that works for now:

- Dismissing an Incoming call
- Changing tracks and volume (using any music app that supports MPRIS protocol)

I couldn't get any notification to work, neither receiving sms messages.

Also, I hope that the 'Pebble Time' store will be added soon too (since the Time store has also exclusive Time apps)
The Apps don't work properly though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I couldn't get any notification to work, neither receiving sms messages.
As far as I've seen all notifications are kinda the same. They just contain a flag which states it's for SMS, e-mail etc. So after "converting" all notifications to the new protocol for the timeline all of those should work. But that of course means just the notifications work and are put on the timeline. That doesn't mean you magically get full support for the timeline, which can also be filled by remote services and apps. So the first goal would be to convert all the existing notifications to "pins" on the timeline. And when those are working it should be possible to investigate how to add support for external/web services[1]. And then it might also be feasible to add some kind of API for "local" apps to add pins to the timeline.

[1] From what I've read in the official documentation the timeline is foremost filled based on external services. Using the Pebble app you have to subscribe to a service, after which your subscription will be registered by Pebble (the company/website). The external service then has to push the pins to Pebble (company/website), after which the Pebble app will then query Pebble (company/website) for all new/updated pins and push those to the watch itself.
So luckily Pebble took some effort to make it possible to fill the timeline for all kinds of mobile devices without requiring native apps. So when this is working (which will take some time, to investigate how the API between the Pebble app and Pebble servers works) a lot of the shiny timeline data might become available. Like all those sport based pins.

Edit:
Forgot to add that filling the timeline based on the phones calender would of course also be feasible. So that should be something to add after (re)adding support for sending notifications.

Last edited by RobertMe; 2015-08-29 at 18:06.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
This sounds awesome - will be jumping on the Time Steel train as soon as notifications work.

Has anyone looked into making a Saera app?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've added new issues and feature requests on the github page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
So, I guess the big question is, who is willing to take this on so we can give donations?

And.. I was hoping to use the pebble with an activity tracker to track running etc (ie start stop the tracking on the phone with gps enabled). Are there any apps that the pebble and Jolla will support in this fashion?

Last edited by wormdrummer; 2015-08-31 at 07:08.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I was worried this would happen some day... Is there any possibility do implement timeline independent from companies website? I would like my watch to talk to my phone directly and require other services at need only.

Since I am using Pebble Steel (the original) I might stick to the old firmware. I haven't started to investigate yet: Am I missing some data leakage there as well?

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Is there any possibility do implement timeline independent from companies website? I would like my watch to talk to my phone directly and require other services at need only.
Me too, I didn't realise that was how the timeline works. If it's not possible to use the feature without sending loads of data to Pebble then I won't use it at all.

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled