Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I bought through Dell, and I took my complaint to the BBB also. It's not Nokia that handles the rebates, its Young America out of Minnesota. They are not members of the BBB, but actually responded to my complaint in a timely manner. I will reserve judgement until the rebate is in my hands, but they are supposed to be sending my rebate in several weeks. Also, regarding debit cards, I'm sure it's just another way for them to make money, as not everyone spends the full amount on the card.

So you sent the BBB to "Young America out of Minnesota"?

I did "Young America", after a couple of screens, it asked for which one, and there was one for their HQ in MN. This is just from memory though.

Extremely deceiving practices from the rebate co.
I've sent them a fax the third time and still nothing. Just filed a BBB complaint with YA. I hope they'll do something following this action since I'd rather not submit a complaint with Nokia too.

I can't find Young America, I search the rebate phone number, it's:

Nokia
PO Box 751023
El Paso, TX 88575

Just Google "PO Box 751023, El Paso, TX 88575" (the thing in the quotes). Then I found BBB Review of Nokia in El Paso, TX.

So, I didn't find any connection to Young America. I guess I don't want to waste time on Young America. However, please let us know if you actually resolve the issue with Young America.

Got my card in the mail yesterday. Case closed for me

i applied for my rebate at Dec 2009 and got my rebate last week. I was really surprised !!!!! We can check the rebates on this site

Rebate Site Link

you can also call and check - 1-800-436-6394

RR

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Just FYI: I bought through Amazon in December and got the rebate card. It's a rather ridiculous way to give a rebate, though. What's wrong with a check?
It's to encourage you to spend the rebate instead of saving it. Here's what you do if you want to save it.

a) trade it for $50 to someone
b) Wait until you buy something you would normally buy (gas, groceries, etc..) and use it then

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago
I just got off the phone with Nokia rebates, and it turns out that they sent my rebate card to the wrong address and it got returned. I sent the rebate form in January, got an email in March and never got the card. When I called today, they fixed the address and told me it'd be about 3 weeks until it arrives.

I'd call them and make sure it got sent to the right address if you haven't received it yet.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago
Got my card in the mail today. Damn card expires in October of this year. I'm sure I'll find something to spend it on.