Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by danielcbit View Post
By "works with ubiboot", do you meant that you configured ubiboot to use it and got harmattan loaded? If so, would you mind to provide the steps that you took to get into harmattan?
I configure ubiboot to display the zImage and copied the modules do /lib/modules

But when I tried to boot I get the NOKIA logo and then it reboots.
Harmattan is a different beast, you will not get that working very easily.

If you want to use Harmattan, you need to look into Hurrian's kernel-plus project, that is getting at it from the other angle, adding upstream patches to the original Harmattan kernel, and that is pretty soon on 3.0 level.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gipawu View Post
Yes, I know there is Nitdroid, I'm just a little tired of dual-booting
Sailfish on N9 just will not support Android SW, You just have to live with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Dont wish to get working hacked/warez thing not designed/certified to work on your device. Jolla paid for Dalvik on every Jolla Phone, and you want to get it for free on your N9. Wrong way, IMHO.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Oops wrong thread

Last edited by willi6868; 2014-02-04 at 21:35.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Please keep Android related discussion elsewhere this is about sailfishos...

Since my Jolla reboot(will soon send to care) and my N9 also halfdead (my harmattan partition RIP) and can't reinstall harmattan because flasher does not allow me.

So now I use N9 as halfbroken mainphone with sailfishos until Jolla fixed... I noticed this:

* GPRS/3g not working atleast not in UI. Is there some way try enmable it in terminal maybe it lookup wrong APN or similar?

* could not hear remote person in BT headset but he could here me when in phone. Anyone seen that issue?

would be nice atleast makes above working in future. Btw. is modemdriver same as harmattan?

I am using vgrade image (not latest) btw...

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
How much space/partition is needed to run Sailfish smoothly on N9 16GB?

Originally Posted by danielcbit View Post
By "works with ubiboot", do you meant that you configured ubiboot to use it and got harmattan loaded? If so, would you mind to provide the steps that you took to get into harmattan?
I configure ubiboot to display the zImage and copied the modules do /lib/modules

But when I tried to boot I get the NOKIA logo and then it reboots.
i havent tested it with harmattan, but it should work with nemo and sailfish. if i find some freetime i can test it with harmattan too.

Originally Posted by max83 View Post
non-taken
All I was willing to tell was about the compiling the new kernel for our beloved N9
before I start this task nobody liked to cooperate now I am happy that my even few effort could make u guys think and do something about it, thats all.
i have tried getting the 3.5.3 kernel to work properly since a few months now

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
It wont work with harmattan without aegis or fake aegis stubs

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gipawu View Post
Good job all! Is there any news about Android apps support? I read somewhere that mysatroker module works with 3.5 kernel... now if we get a working kernel maybe there is more hope.
aliendalvik on n9 is most likely never going to happen, due to licensing issues and technical issues such as gralloc, hwcomposer copybit and so on (mysatroker is not an issue, it works with the 3.5.3 kernel)

if you want android apps on your n9 use apkenv and if it doesnt support the apps you want: write a module for it!
another idea would be running android in a chroot as i described here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=160

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish