Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
I'm with Kathy.

Nokia will ship as soon as they can ship. And there's nothing any of us can do to change that.

Patience, my friends.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

The Following User Says Thank You to dormant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
This thread needs a big fat DELETE!

Seriously, another thread claiming factual information that, like all the previous threads, turns out be incorrect. There should be an outright ban on starting "N900 is shipping on X" threads until Nokia release the official press release confirming once and for all the REAL shipping date.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dormant View Post
I'm with Kathy.

Nokia will ship as soon as they can ship. And there's nothing any of us can do to change that.

Patience, my friends.

hmmmmm, patience is a virtue, but a little bit of transparency from Nokia is still preferred. Not sure how does their marketing guys justify their heafty pay packages

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
This thread needs a big fat DELETE!

Seriously, another thread claiming factual information that, like all the previous threads, turns out be incorrect. There should be an outright ban on starting "N900 is shipping on X" threads until Nokia release the official press release confirming once and for all the REAL shipping date.

Echo Echo Echo....

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Never understood why Android is lumped in with MS and Apple - and considered 'dark side'. Android is darn good.
Google. 'nuff said.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Well we did have a thread you were only allowed to post in if your n900 had shipped. And then one you could post in, so as not to discriminate. And then it all got faintly silly.

Basically, the locals round here are like addicts without their methadone. People are crawling up the walls, whimpering, shaking and becoming faintly psychotic.

I'd say this one could safely be merged into the Big Thread... there'll be another one of these along on the 16th, the 19th, the 29th...

You gotta give me my prescription. NOW

Originally Posted by n900freak View Post
hmmmmm, patience is a virtue, but a little bit of transparency from Nokia is still preferred.
Pretty much, I understand why there's a delay but I would like to get a rough estimate and a hint as to what's causing the delay. Rather than just being left in the dark.

If I was a more spiteful person I'd recommend people away from Nokia products in the future. =P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Basically, the locals round here are like addicts without their methadone. People are crawling up the walls, whimpering, shaking and becoming faintly psychotic.
Then again...you yourself do seem to post multiple times in most all of those threads.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by n900freak View Post
hmmmmm, patience is a virtue, but a little bit of transparency from Nokia is still preferred. Not sure how does their marketing guys justify their heafty pay packages
They have been as transparent as they can. You are assuming that they know exactly when they will complete whatever sudden new demand Dr Jaaksi placed on them. I suspect they are working flat out for a 'final frontier' firmware for release... and don't actually know when it will be done.

The trouble is, given the way rumours go round here, if they said "We realised there was a problem with the gobbryfux, so wanted to fix that before release" there'd be 150 reviews, tweets, posts all saying " OMG n900 is crap - it has a fault in the gobbryfux!!" So they keep their problems to themselves. That not bad marketing, but rather best possible, under the circumstances.

It would be lovely to live in a world where people like Nokia could be straight with their customers. But this isn't such a world. This is the Internet, land of gossip, rumour, damned lies and release dates.

You have a 'rough estimate' - November!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Never understood why Android is lumped in with MS and Apple - and considered 'dark side'. Android is darn good.
We are the borg ...

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange