Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Please bear in mind that this is not a lottery and the only people that will receive these awards will be those whose merits are well proven.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
whoever win the prize, wherever it will be sent, i hope maemo will continue to grow up and improved, not all dream can be come true, but dreams keep me alive,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I think we should clarify that the community awards will be decided by two people and not the council as a whole. I, for one, volunteered to step aside because I will be requesting an award.
Wouldn't it be be better if council members just stepped aside for their own award nomination, but the entire council decided the rest?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
@lma
Sounds reasonable. We'll discuss this in next council meeting - completely stepping down (of submitting Councilors) from deciding was a way for maintaining transparency, but Your idea sounds like better option.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I (really) hate to say this, but the right way to handle this is for the whole council to be ineligible. Oh well, what's wrong with making your first important act in office distributing booty to a fellow member of the Power Elite? Never Mind...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I (really) hate to say this, but the right way to handle this is for the whole council to be ineligible.
Or eligible by default. After all, the entire community believes these 5 individuals are valuable contributors, right?

Or perhaps we should put the awards to a community vote and put the council out of the difficult position of having to choose.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
good job there, got the best phone ever marketed by Nokia. N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgezilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
My post in this thread was deleted by someone

Is the it new hard dictator rules coming up? It's a new sheriff in town I guess.

I will nominate aenebacka for a n9 for the best/longest/fastest support of maemo/meego application.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

@geneven
Well, being ineligible was my my first proposition, even before election - at the correct place, where such serious things are discussed with reasonable people, i.e. mailing list.

To my pleasant surprise, 100% of feedback was like "there is no problem with councilor applying for device", and even few voices like "Councilors should receive devices by default, as without mentioned past contributions, they wouldn't be elected".

After all, there was 100% consensus, that submissions by Councilors are OK, and submitting Councilor should just step down from deciding about his own submissions. I've also asked qgil, and he haven't presented any objections.
---

But, *of course*, it was predictable, that someone is going to create mini-dramas about it on TMO Judging by Your comments for past few weeks/months, it seems, that You feel quite comfortable in trollish such shoes?

@Dave999
I don't know who deleted your post, but whoever did it, had much rationale to do so - You've not, apparently, spared 30 seconds to read about rules for submissions. BTW, congratulations on self-thanks, whichever way You achieved it

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-05-30 at 02:19.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

random characters...

@Dave999
I don't know who deleted your post, but whoever did it, had much rationale to do so - You've not, apparently, spared 30 seconds to read about rules for submissions. BTW, congratulations on self-thanks, whichever way You achieved it

/Estel
I did, I nominated myself at first, but it was deleated, so I tried to nominate someone who deserves it more.

I have not contributed.

Good luck to you all!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
awards, community, council, maemo, nokia