Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Merck Manual is very important for med students, med professionals and nursing staff. It has everything that an MD wants to know, quick. Of course, it is also for the layman to check on the doc to see what the doc do not know . And as always, it is FREE, if you do it right.

Its installation into GVM is very difficult, at least for me. To begin with, you MUST be able to hotsync with your PC (Mac?) without any error. Once you do that, go http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/hcp_home.jsp, register and create an account. It is FREE, dont know whether 'category' of your account limited you to dl Merck manual (Medicine profession web sites tend to category "accounts"). BTW, they want you to sign into the website 3 to 4 times, not quite sure why.

Click dl and install Merck manual,

Step 1. Select Content
I checked everything except Harrison

Step 2. Choose PDA
check MS Windows

Step 3. check I have read...
click Download

Run the dl ed file
pick a user name for your palm sync
check Internal handheld memory [Default]

Sync your GVM when page of unbound medicine showed up, It will then run for awhile, keep your finger crossed....if it failed, just repeated a couple of time, until you see a log on page from your PC, then you have succeed. Once installed, the update is via internet.

I did 15x and was able to installed 2 copies, yes, I wasted 13X times! Post back if you have a better method.

Other interesting med apps, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20558

Medicine

- 5 minute clinical diagnosis (2008)
- epocrates
- Medcalc http://mytreo.net/downloads/medcalc,657.html; dl the .zip file, not the .prc, it includes mathlib and you need that
- Merck Manual
- skyscape apps: stedman's, dorland's, taber's, cecil's

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-24 at 04:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Excellent!

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Excellent!
5 min consult is alright. Trust me, this is mecca!

bun

Now if there was only a way to put the Physicians Desk Reference on the tablet too we could have a one stop shop for medical information.

The Following User Says Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post:
I'm currently working on getting uptodate going, that would be my own personal triumph. (though a more reliable epocrates with their great dictionary/acronymonary would be fantastic)

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
I got epocrates running without any problems a few months ago on N810 with GVM. I deleted it though, since I'm not that big of an epocrates fan. I prefer clinicalpharmacology and not just because of the bloatware issues, I find it more helpful. If I need any of that other crap that Epocrates wants me to install I go find it install it separately. The most useful part of Epocrates is the formularies I think, since it tells you what people will be able to buy, but I haven't even used it that much. And it's the formularies that you aren't used to (and therefore, never installed) that you'd need to lookup things in anyway, so they aren't even all that useful.

Access forced upgrade, so, loss everything! Well, sure, some of you smart ones may copy the garnet.store over. I took the chance re-install everything.

Now MerckMedicus mobile inlcudes,

Harrison's Practice
Merck Manual, Professional Edition
Diagnotstic test,
Davis Drug monograph

After you sync with MerckMedicus, you will get an error statement about memory is not enough to install bla bla bla, you just get out and get back in and re-sync, re-sync, re-sync, (keep clicking the wireless icon on the top menu bar) they will be there. I have not gotten the Davis Drug monograph though.

Epocrates too.

The upgrade seemed to make the install more....'smooth', I guess.

Zlauncher now become a )(*(^# 30 day trial. Go get the previous version, which has NO expiration. And Zlauncher is a MUST. Download URLs here, http://www.versiontracker.com/php/dl...er%2FZL545.zip, try google for earlier version.

Enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-01-07 at 12:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey Bunason.

You're one of my favorite posters here.

Any chance you could host some of these files so I don't have to hotsync?

I know what to do with a .prc file but since I've never had a Palm, your instructions always leave me overwhelmed.

I'd love to have anything Medical related. The only thing I have on my tablet right now is a huge load of medical ebooks but it's such a pain and slow process to find what's needed in them.

Thanks ahead!

Tags
garnet, health, medicine, palm, physician