Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I HAD to find out what toxic balls was. apparently, its a glorified pong clone. meh.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Got my email today.

Meh.

Even the last release of GVM was sad enough that I've kind of walked away (has to be actively running for alerts - no GVMd?).

Still searching for a replacement for DateBk6. Once I get that, I've got no use for the old T5 (wait, it does make a decent alarm clock ...)

- Tom

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
Originally Posted by fattomm View Post
Still searching for a replacement for DateBk6. Once I get that, I've got no use for the old T5 (wait, it does make a decent alarm clock ...)
My registered copy of DateBk6 6.1a r7 seems to be stable in GVM beta2, and everything I've tried to use has worked so far. I used PalmName to set my name in GVM so the key would work (had to add several dummy spaces in front so things lined up properly). The third party icon editor I have works nicely, too.

The major thing I found with this latest beta is the FAST exit out of the emulator. This makes a huge difference when you have a lot of programs loaded into the emulator and have it set up to use 64MB. In prior betas the more programs you had loaded, the slower the exit. I believe it was rewriting its storage file on exit, and now this doesn't seem to be the case.

Another thing that seems to be working is using the 10MB Merriam-Webster dictionary in conjunction with eReader. It used to cause the emulator to crash after a bunch of use and wipe all the programs. So far no problems...my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping I see no problems.

I still can't get the latest version of Bike-or-Die to work. Once the music starts playing in the game, it exits back out of the emulator to the main GVM screen. Oh well.

I just wished I would get that email. What on earth is the reason I never get any? I've used different kind of email addresses too (gmail, company mail etc). No difference. Nothing heard.

Back to download through unofficial means.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I just wished I would get that email. ...
Back to download through unofficial means.
There is no download link in that email. It is just reminder that new version is available. You need to fill the same form again and wait for another mail with download link.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I got an email with a download link... it was basically this:

http://www.access-company.com/cgi/gv...00&o=OS2008&e= (my email address)

Which probably resolves to the same thing as above.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
I got an email with a download link....
Yes, that is the second mail I got after filling the form with my name/email yet again.

The automatic mail "Announcing Garnet VM Beta 3 for Nokia Nseries" had just link to generic http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/ page with no direct download.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

I upgraded to beta 3. When I start Garnet VM, I'm greeted by a:
"Can't connecto to GVM. (error 0x30040000)"

If I reformat the storage, the new beta works. But then my old data is lost (yep, I made a backup before upgrading, so no real problem).

Since I never got hotsyncing to work properly over wifi (instead, I've just made backups of my .gvm directory) this leaves me in a position where I can't upgrade and keep my data. That sucks. :-(

Anyone else who have experienced this? Did you find any way to solve this?

I tried to replace just the gvm.store file with my old version, and let the new version generate the rest of the .gvm directory, but that didn't work either.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
There is no download link in that email. It is just reminder that new version is available. You need to fill the same form again and wait for another mail with download link
That's the one I'm talking about - I've filled out the form numerous times (since the first beta). Never got that mail. It's a simple form really.. last name, first name, email address, repeat email address.

One of these days I'm going to set up a poll as to how many get a reply and how many don't.

Anyway, in the meantime I downloaded it directly.

Tags
garnet, palm