Poll: Do you agree and support my idea?
Poll Options
Do you agree and support my idea?

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
LET'S MAKE SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME FULL ANDROIDS VM ON N9!!!

JUST LIKE LINUS DID WHEN HE MAKE FULL WINDOWS VM ON LINUX!!!

What the HELL didn't anyone think of this before? Thank you, yaavarumKaeleer. You are truly a visionary and have saved all of Meego land.
Um Myriad did think of this and it was demonstrated on n900 a year or so ago, problem is their targeted market (manufacturers like nokia) are the one target that wouldn't want it, if they did they would have just used Android in the first place.

He is a visionary by steve Job's standard though, if you're really claiming that he actually came up with it, well came up with it first at least.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by yaavarumKaeleer View Post
What did Linus do?
He was frustrated with stupid OSes which were bloaty / buggy and decided to write his own OS based on the principle of "getting things done in a straight forward manner".
Actually, linux started as a hobby, much like many maemo apps do nowadays. Generally, proyects that start as a hobby do quite well, since it's in the authors geniune interest to make it work properly, and his main goal isn't to make money out of it.

LET'S MAKE SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME FULL ANDROIDS VM ON N9!!!

JUST LIKE LINUS DID WHEN HE MAKE FULL WINDOWS VM ON LINUX!!!

What the HELL didn't anyone think of this before? Thank you, yaavarumKaeleer. You are truly a visionary and have saved all of Meego land.
My eyes bled as I read this.

On a more serious side:
1) You don't need to pay a license to virtualize android, IF you can get somewone to write a VM for you, it's totally legal to use android on it, and to download [free] apps onto it.

2) The N900's hardware can't run a virtual machine. It'd run out of battery in a few hours.

3) If there's no android VM for ubuntu, or even windows (which have far larger userbases, how do you expect to get support for one on maemo?

Last edited by hobarrera; 2012-03-04 at 01:11.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
if you're really claiming that he actually came up with it, well came up with it first at least.
It's sarcasm folks. I thought the electric font and broken engrish would have given that away....

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
It's sarcasm folks. I thought the electric font and broken engrish would have given that away....
haha I'll assume that's also sarcasm.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Oh boy! Anyone tried this under OpenJDK under maemo? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNPMR_udvAM

Hi authors and admins. Im a new N9 user. I have a very big prob regarding my phone. I cant download from other sites. Only from Ovi Store. Everytime i try to donwload (eg. games from zedge.net) it says FAILED, file not supported. PLEASE HELP. What will I do

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by hobarrera View Post
3) If there's no android VM for ubuntu, or even windows (which have far larger userbases, how do you expect to get support for one on maemo?
Why would you think this? You can run any X86 version of Android in VMware no problem in Ubuntu or Red Hat.

Originally Posted by yaavarumKaeleer View Post
[SIZE="4"]Hi

Posted some text, read first post

Please correct and contribute!
As for windows programs, in a nut shell this cannot be done. There have been a few attempts with emulation but the hard ware has been very troublesome (Arm vs x86 and all that) due to compatibility. Also there are many Linux variants that DO run fine on Arm Linux,you might want to try GIMP or Open Office for example perhaps? Very few phones if any will run those as full programs, okay Adobe has their "mobile Photoshop" but that is nothing more than a re-badged Kodak EasyShare photo edit suit program.

For the rest of your Android rant, you appear to be asking for APL or Alien Dalvik... This had been discussed many times before, and yet we still have the same out come. This community is a fan/developer based forum who do mot have the funds to perform such tasks. Yes it would be nice, but as a whole there is no funding for the licencing of such a project and starting from scratch will take a very long time. Like I said, this had been talked about in detail before.

Hope this may have help? I know the search function can give many answers too