Active Topics

Notices

You must have all seen the video that I made of the HAVA Player for the Internet Tablet in action. If this is an Internet Tablet feature that interests you, you can then participate on Monsoon Multimedia's HAVA beta program to get an advance copy of the software as well as help better the software.

As a beta participant, you can avail of discounted HAVA hardware which you can purchase now. Monsoon is then releasing the first beta of the HAVA Player for the Internet Tablet to the beta participants on May 8.
Read the full article.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Thanks Reggie! I just sent an email.

Thanks I have been waiting for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to comptechgeek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
That was quick!

Thank you for contacting HAVA and your interest in volunteering for the Internet Tablet Player Beta program.

The Beta program is scheduled to commence by the end of next week. You have been added to the Beta invitation list and please be on the lookout for an email with the invitation form and instructions.

Look forward to working with you!

Beta Team

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Very nice. Thanks Reggie for telling the tablet user about this offer.
I've just applied and got the same mail back as Textrat.

Anyway, I have a couple of question which the HAVA website could not answer to me.

I don’t have a TV set-top box or DVR available and so it looks like that I must purchase the "HAVA Wireless HD" instead of the more powerful "HAVA Titanium HD WiFi" with USB HDD support for just $20 more.
Is there really no chance to use the "HAVA Titanium HD WiFi" with a analoge TV cable? Does anybody know if I can use the "HAVA Wireless HD" works with the standard analoge cable TV network in Germany? Using this "HAVA Wireless HD" with an analog cable, what does this mean regarding switching channels? Is there a tuner included in the "HAVA Wireless HD" box?

I might could live without the USB HDD support in case the HAVA box is able to stream stuff from a samba network driver over the ethernet connection. Does anybody know if the HAVA boxes can do this as well?

I hope that someone has a little bit experience with the HAVA boxes and is able to answer the questions. Thanks in advance.

Sorenzo, a lot of VCRs have built in TV tuners so you can record TV shows directly. What you can do is split your cable going to the VCR and have the vcr output pass through the HAVA Titanium HD WiFi, maybe via S-Video. You can then control your VCR from the HAVA Player.

I'll try to see if someone from Monsoon can join the discussion.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Reggie,

Your explanation of the different models makes a lot more sense than that posted at myhava.com.

Still I've got a couple questions.

You wrote:
HAVA Platinum HD.
This is the lowest cost solution.
Same as HAVA Titanium HD WiFi, but no USB ports and no USB WiFi adapter.
What is this USB WiFi adapter — what's it for?

Am I reading you right simply to say the Titanium is more flexible and more expandable, which has benefits as new features/hardware are offered?

Other question:

You don't mention FIOS, but I seem to recall it was mentioned before as compatible. There's regular FIOS and FIOS digital.

Thanks. I think I'll start the wheels rolling now anyway.

Roger

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
What is this USB WiFi adapter — what's it for?
. . . so you can connect with Wifi?

Roger, as what GA has mentioned, I think the Titanium comes with an external USB wifi device so you don't have to run a CAT5 cable to your HAVA:

As for FIOS, I'm not sure how it works. Don't you have an external digital box where FIOS is connected to? The box should then connect to the HAVA and use its pass-through to the TV.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Roger, as what GA has mentioned, I think the Titanium comes with an external USB wifi device so you don't have to run a CAT5 cable to your HAVA:
OK, this could be worthwhile. But if they're set up in the same location, seems unnecessary.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
As for FIOS, I'm not sure how it works. Don't you have an external digital box where FIOS is connected to? The box should then connect to the HAVA and use its pass-through to the TV.
Yes, there's a digital box on top of each TV. It's similar to cable in how it's set up and how a wire runs to the house. Just a digital cable instead, I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Roger

Tags
hava, video hava