I just wanted to pass along my experiences with dealing with the company "Zagg" and their screen protectors, in the hopes that no one else will have trouble with them. Sorry if this is a long read.

Back on Sept. 11th, I placed an order on their website for their "invisibleSHIELD" screen protector for the N800 tablet. Ordering it directly from the product page:
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

I received a confirmation email back stating:

In an effort to provide a better customer experience with quicker shipping turn-around and better accuracy; we are making significant improvements to our fulfillment processes. While we are working through this transition over the next two weeks, please allow 3-5 business days for your new order to be shipped from our facilities. Thank you for your patience.
Fair enough, sounds like a pretty reasonable turn-around time. I get another email 7 days later confirming that the item has been shipped. On Oct. 5th, I received the item in the mail. Everything looks good. Following the instructions on the box, and also in a video on their website, I go to install the protector, but it was too big for my screen, there was at least 5-8mm overlap on the side and bottom.

So, on the same day, I sent an email to their support stating the issue. Oct. 20th, I get an email back stating that I must have installed it wrong and stretched the screen too much, and now it won't fit. I know this to be incorrect because I followed the instructions and would not stretch the screen (that would make no sense). They also requested a measurement of my screen on my N800, to which I immediatly replied. Later that day, I received an email:

Thank you for responding to our e-mail to confirm your measurements for your invisibleSHIELD. It appears you are correct, the invisibleSHIELD you received is too long. I have scheduled a reshipment of the invisibleSHIELD for the Nokia N800 (Screen). We have recently made a change in our shipping system in order to improve our processing time and accuracy . Due to this change some orders will be delayed. Your order should ship within 3 - 5 business days of the order date. We apologize for any inconvenience.
So, I wait...and wait...and wait. And even forgot about it. I sent another email to them on December 1st wondering if the item has been shipped, and if so, do they have a tracking number for it. This has been a very long time. On Dec. 20th, I get an email back stating:

I'm sorry to hear that you received the wrong product(s). I have gone ahead and scheduled a replacement of your order. Please expect 2-5 business days for this order to leave our facility. Once your order has left our facility you will receive a shipping confirmation email.
Then, later that day, another:

I apologize for the delay as we have misplaced the reshipment order to be sent out. I have scheduled a reshipment of the Nokia N800, which should ship out in the next 2-3 business days.
Huh? mmmkay. That email is followed up with a shipping confirmation the same day, Dec. 20th.

So, here it is, January 6th, 2009, and still no screen protector. I am extreamly dissatisfied, and I think that others should avoid this company.

On a side note, I still need a screen protector, can anyone suggest one?

Coincidently, on the same day I ordered this, I also bought an FM transmitter for my N800 off of ebay that I received roughly the same time as the protector, but it came DOA. The seller graciously offered a replacement and I didn't have to send back the old one. I went the same amount of time without receiving anything, so I emailed that seller on dec. 1st as well. He misplaced the re-shipment as well. I finally received that item today.

Real coincidence.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by cquilliam View Post
I am extreamly dissatisfied, and I think that others should avoid this company.
Sheesh! I'd be frustrated too, were I in your place. I hope ZAGG eventually makes things right.

My own experience with ZAGG has been different. I've purchased both an N800 and an N810 screen protector from them, and I didn't have a problem with either order or product. That means I never had to deal with their customer service department though.

On a side note, I still need a screen protector, can anyone suggest one?
I received a BoxWave screen protector as a (late*) Christmas gift, so I'll be trying that out soon to see how it compares with the InvisibleSHIELDs. The BoxWave offerings are highly recommended by others on this site, so I'm hopeful. I simply could never bring myself to pay more for shipping from BoxWave than for a screen protector & shipping from ZAGG.

* BoxWave promised the person who purchased the screen protector that it would arrive in time for Christmas. It was a week late.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I bought a package of Fellowes WriteRight Universal Screen Protectors. Comes 12 to a package for about $20. Available at office supply stores and electronics outlets.

You cut these to fit. Backing sheet has grid lines with numbers to make it easy.

Took twice to get it right (got a fingerprint underneath and stretched it getting it back off the first time).

No problems with them.

Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I bought a package of Fellowes WriteRight Universal Screen Protectors. Comes 12 to a package for about $20. Available at office supply stores and electronics outlets.

You cut these to fit. Backing sheet has grid lines with numbers to make it easy.

Took twice to get it right (got a fingerprint underneath and stretched it getting it back off the first time).

No problems with them.
Nice suggestion, I just checked out Amazon and they're listed for $6.49 and tax. All positive reviews as well. I'll give Zagg a few more days, but if i don't see anything coming, i'm gonna pick up these.

On a side note, would it be easier to apply the screen protector by taking apart the tablet and apply it under the bezel?

Can't speak to their customer service...my order was correct, but I can say that the protection they offer is really good. Better than ANY Fellowes protectors I've used on any of my Palm devices or my n800. Mine's lasted over a year w/no defects.

Can you buy them through someone else?

I ordered a zagg protector for my n800 the other day. I think it's supposed to arrive today. I'll report back on how it works out.

I have used both WriteRight and the BoxWave anti-glare, and I'd say go with the Boxwaves. They last for at least half a year/one year unless you really abuse them with keys in your pocket and things like that. The Writerights are usable but not as clear as the Boxwaves and also feel a bit rubbery, so not as nice with a stylus. The wiki has some tips to apply them without dust/bubbles.

B.t.w. I have also used Vikuiti by 3M and they look and feel much like the Boxwaves, but the seem to be sold mostly in Europe.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2009-01-06 at 23:27.

My Zagg is fantastic, it lets me use any pencil on it as a stylus without worrying about scratches. Only niggles are that it is impossible to get all dirt and bubbles from the screen, and they're there for life once they get trapped between the screen and the protector. Even six months later.

All my devices are coated in Invisible Shields, have been from new.

Well, it looks like my experience is isolated. I will give the screen protector a chance if it ever arrives.

I have the original one i received still on my device, and it appears to provide good protection, its just that the side and bottom overlap onto the bezel, so it looks very bad.