Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Switzerland
î have a problem with my Nokia N9 and wazapp... when i start the wazapp its all OK, but when i get a message...

If I get a message says "no message" in the front...

I have harmatten 1.2 PR on my phone

I need help... Thanks

Here we go, a list of feature suggestions and a few hints on possible implementations.

in Chat View:
Long press grey's out all list items. For each item we'll get a few squircle overlays on the right side:

• Close (delete in case of groupchat)
  • Hide (does not remove it from DB, only the UI part - two way toggle. First step hides it until a new message arrives, second step hides it until you unhide it)
  • Mute (does not stop receiving, only on second stage does, so it's a two way toggle)
  • Contact/Group Info

Hitting one of the first three will do the according action but not exit long press mode, so you can continue to hide, close or do whatever with the list items. Coming back from group info though get's you back into default mode.

While in longpress mode, all hidden chats/groups should be greyed out too but visible to unhide.

in Contacts View:
Show also groupchats as a contact.

Longpressing any item will refresh it's status and image.

Long press grey's out all list items. For each item we'll get a few squircle overlays on the right side:
  • Block
  • Mute
  • Info

If rendering a few squircles on top of every list item is too heavy, show those items as a bulk option in context menu, so you can execute the according action for all items you choose at once. This is very important!
Now to feature requests outside of the Wazapp UI:
  • Send media integration into N9 share menu. (bulk send media, to multiple contacts so the media upload opens one channel for each contact. Or upon userchoice creates a group to share it with all those (privacy issue of sharing numbers)
  • Search pulldown for chats tab
  • Enlarge back button. It's freakin small :P
  • Upon tapping a word in edit field, show Swype word choice list. This is missing and we have to hit the swype button each time.
  • Provide a toggle for each: autoupload, autodownload
  • Hitting the Wazapp Icon bottom left will force a reconnect and resync
  • Give a toggle to either inherit system settings for notification sound and vibration or overwrite with user preset just like on Symbian with a choice for chats and groupchats

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Wazapp is getting better and better day by day., Hail Maemo Community...

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
Here we go, a list of feature suggestions and a few hints on possible implementations.

in Chat View:

• Close (delete in case of groupchat)
  • Hide (does not remove it from DB, only the UI part - two way toggle. First step hides it until a new message arrives, second step hides it until you unhide it)
  • Mute (does not stop receiving, only on second stage does, so it's a two way toggle)
  • Contact/Group Info

Hitting one of the first three will do the according action but not exit long press mode, so you can continue to hide, close or do whatever with the list items. Coming back from group info though get's you back into default mode.

While in longpress mode, all hidden chats/groups should be greyed out too but visible to unhide.

in Contacts View:
Show also groupchats as a contact.

Longpressing any item will refresh it's status and image.

• Block
  • Mute
  • Info

If rendering a few squircles on top of every list item is too heavy, show those items as a bulk option in context menu, so you can execute the according action for all items you choose at once. This is very important!
Now to feature requests outside of the Wazapp UI:
  • Send media integration into N9 share menu. (bulk send media, to multiple contacts so the media upload opens one channel for each contact. Or upon userchoice creates a group to share it with all those (privacy issue of sharing numbers)
  • Search pulldown for chats tab
  • Enlarge back button. It's freakin small :P
  • Upon tapping a word in edit field, show Swype word choice list. This is missing and we have to hit the swype button each time.
  • Provide a toggle for each: autoupload, autodownload
  • Hitting the Wazapp Icon bottom left will force a reconnect and resync
  • Give a toggle to either inherit system settings for notification sound and vibration or overwrite with user preset just like on Symbian with a choice for chats and groupchats
Developers will think about it after the main functionality done

Originally Posted by trayhoper View Post
Developers will think about it after the main functionality done
I know. That is just so it's in their mind or at least on their desk if they ever have the time or want to do it. And please don't quote such long posts without cutting them a little. :-)

Cheers

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
I know. That is just so it's in their mind or at least on their desk if they ever have the time or want to do it. And please don't quote such long posts without cutting them a little. :-)

Cheers
Yeah , whatever

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
With the latest version at least for me the contact synchronization is working. However, when I start Wazapp with terminal instead of the Meego GUI launcher in order to create a log-file, it doesn't work. I use the following command to launch Wazapp in terminal:

/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp &> MyDocs/Documents/wazapp-log.txt

I wonder what goes wrong there?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
how bout check for the update button? Just like on optimizer, just an idea,

Originally Posted by jtts View Post
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp &> MyDocs/Documents/wazapp-log.txt

I wonder what goes wrong there?
Shouldn't that be:

Code:
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp_init >MyDocs/Documents/wazapp-log.txt
?

Last edited by ginggs; 2012-09-16 at 17:35.

FYI: http://www.h-online.com/security/new...d-1708545.html

I'd avoid Whatsapp service if I were you. It's just bad, bad and bad from many points of view. Use secure XMPP servers where you can set up your own password for you user ID of choice.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp