Posts: 18 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Mumbai
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
Hi

After two months experience of using N900, I want to give up this device and change to use android device. The following are the major reasons:

N900 can run many different software but their quality are not as good as default web browser, so it is useless.

- No Flash Player 10.1 Support.

- Video Players (Default, SIB and KMPlayer) not as good as I expected, as it can play many different format of video files but lack of subtitle and audio selection supports.

- For game, most game emulators are running slow, dos box also has the same problem.

- Camera quality is not good as too much noise for night shot.

- No Meego OS support from Nokia.

- Phone function is not good to use.

Meego is here for N900.
there is subtitle support.
for camera try blessn900 (http://www.blessn900.com/)
game - all u need to play is angry birds.
subtitle support is there search for "subtitle" in extras repository.
"tweak flash plugin version" for flash 10.1

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Hi Sak

This is precisely the point i was trying to make. The N900 is not for you.
From your reply i can see your main needs/wants are Apps, Games, Store, Maps etc.. And for that even the most diehard N900 fanboy would tell you IPhone and Android win. I was trying to help speed up the process so that someone who is gonna love having it can get a hold of it.

Have you seen the episode of friends where Phoebe gets told about the Xmas tree's wish (or goal or something)? She objects to trees being cut down i.e "killed" for xmas and gets told its their one wish in life to be a xmas tree.
Thats kind of how i see the N900. A little computer with real power, whose wish is to be used, tinkered with, hacked, modded and pushed to the extreme. With you it will never happen and i feel sad for the little guy.

The one thing i will say that strikes me as a little ironic with your posts.
Iphone = Ipod that makes calls.
Ipod = fancy Mp3 player (with added bells and whistles)
N900 = Linux Computer with phone bits added
Linux Computer = More computery type wizardry than you can shake a stick at.
Yet you use your Iphone as primary device and the N900 as an Mp3 player.

Anyway good luck with whatevver you do mate.

Stefan
Couldn't have said it better. OP can't handle the raw power given by the N900. Please, sell your poor N900 to someone that use it for better things than playing mp3, then move on with your iCrap.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I used to think i got screwed by Nokia after getting the N900.
Now i've learnt to be contempt and accept that its one of the best phones in the market. My girlfriend just upgraded to the Iphone4. Apart from the app store, the phone is a joke. I've played with android phones, they are good but not good enough for me.

If the N900 had a vibrant app store, then the phone would be amazing. I like the games and apps that apple and android have, besides that i'm not interested. The only thing that could make my N900 better is more commercial apps, but if it doesn't happen then i'll accept being niche.

Besides i like when people see my phone and think i'm carrying around a portable tv

Well, with the amount of space and Mplayer, it practically is a TV. You just need to get your content from certain *ahem* drm-free sources.

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Couldn't have said it better. OP can't handle the raw power given by the N900. Please, sell your poor N900 to someone that use it for better things than playing mp3, then move on with your iCrap.
I hate Apple more than anyone out there but think it is a bit silly the way the fanboys on this site say things lik iphone is crap and all that.

If it is doing so well it is because it actually offers something people want. We may have no interest on it but I don't think we can honestly say to ourselves that tens of millions are buying crap and at so much cost.

If we were honest with ourselves we would say it is a good device which has things the mass market is interested in (ease of use, tons of apps, works well). However, we are not interested in it because we don't want to be told what we can do with our device, we want to modify the device, we don't want to pay for ringtones when we already have the mp3, we want a keyboard, etc.

When we say iphone is crap all we are doing is:

1. Lying to ourselves; or
2. Showing that we are real fan boys who lack the ability to be objective

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece

The Following User Says Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Most of the reasons... If I don't say all of em... Are BS

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
Well, with the amount of space and Mplayer, it practically is a TV. You just need to get your content from certain *ahem* drm-free sources.
Actually, with WorldTV99, it is a TV. What you describe sounds more like a portable media player.

Also, that adds nicely to what you can do while at the toilet. Watch live TV.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I
When we say iphone is crap all we are doing is:

1. Lying to ourselves; or
2. Showing that we are real fan boys who lack the ability to be objective
FALSE. Precisely what we are doing is being objective. We are not buying into the "magical" marketing hype.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
If it is doing so well it is because it actually offers something people want:
a Church of Steve membership, with implied coolness and extra high m-2-m attractiveness.

Functionality wise, the Iphone is not that impressive. In many ways the Iphone is the opposite of the N900. If the N900 values are important to you, the Iphone probably seems to be about as underfeatured as a phone can be. If the Iphone values are important to you, the N900 probably seems about as unfinished as a phone can be. So, if you're at either end of the scale, the other phone actually IS crap, in your evaluation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete me, infants and, their toys, worstthreadever