For about the last week when I try to open the AP News app I have been getting an error message:

Ap mobile registration failed. Please try again later. The application will now exit.

And there is an OK button.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ California
Just checked, happened to me also...

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
This happened a couple of years ago, too. Suddenly it just started working again. I guess we can only hope it happens again...

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
AP mobile was great! Associated Press represents mainstream, so the information shouldn't be too biased. Ok we have RSS feed that still works, but since this workaround is not perfect and Al-Jazeera news app is not usable anymore, I'd like to fight for the working AP solution. I helped bringing flickr back to life, there is a chance for AP mobile to get back on track.

So far the situation is as follows: AP mobile aggregates news on the Feed screen just fine, but it doesn't let you log in anymore. I left a message for the android version developers, waiting for any info regarding recent API/registration changes. Couldn't find contact to the original developer, perhaps someone here on the forum could help me out.

Here's where to start:
https://blog.apnews.com/contact/

Last edited by prosper; 2017-02-08 at 13:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Good news - AP Mobile seems to be back on track. The app is fully functional again.