Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
the above fix doesnt work for me.. it says there are dependencies problems..

im trying to get msn working again

Do I need to install Pidgin to get msn to work with the rtcomm beta 2?

I have installed rtcomm 0.7 and tried to downgrade the libpurple but terminal says it needs pidgin-data..

who has msn working and can help me out here??

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Not exactly, but you can use jabber to connect to msn.
I use jabber.org.uk (and have done for a while) and I can connect to msn, yahoo and aol via jabber, so no rtcomm update needed :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
Well, I tried to install rtcomm, but no go. Dependencies missing, it whines about the right xserver-xomap and the kernel flasher. So, I went to the rtcomm repos and installed some stuff manually. Telepathy-salut, idle, and their dependancies, along with haze.

MSN, AIM, and my SIP work just fine now

I was in red-pill mode when I installed rtcomm and I think it installed just fine for me. I have ICQ working... however MSN gives me an "Network error".

I have looked through the avalible packages to see if there is some telephaty haze or something to install but I only see dev stuff...

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ District of Columbia
Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

Trying to install this thing, let alone get it to work has been a real pain in my rear-end. I have followed several set of instructions and none of them worked! The problem I was having was getting rtcom installed. My IT told me that I was missing somethings, so it wouldn't install So wrote down every dependency (boy was it a long list) and went to install them manually. I don't even think I got through a 3rd of the files, the majority of them wouldn't install either (wtf!?!?) I guess I installed something right because now, I was able to install rtcom. Now that, that is installed, I do not believe any of my chat clients are connecting (aim and msn).

If it is not to much to ask, can someone compile an updated set of instuctions on how to install and get this thing goin? I want to enjoy what everyone else is too!!!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by GThreepwood View Post
It already is a SIMPLE step by step guide...
download => root => unzip (gunzip liboscar.so.0.0.0.gz) => copy (cp liboscar.so.0.0.0 /usr/lib/purple-2/) => enjoy
btw, I have seen this (been through this entire thread) and it has not worked

I didn't want any of you guys to think I have not searched first.

anyone out there?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Hey Mister

I've been trying to repeat my steps but actually ended up a little further back... I've managed to reconnect to all but ICQ (as before) but for some reason the list of IM icons (when you click the green system tray icon) indicates I'm only online using the standard protocols, e.g. Google (Jabber / XMPP) and SIP.

I only realised I was back online with Yahoo when MSN when I checked my Contacts list.

WRT ICQ, I had this working pre diablo, but recopying over the same liboscar.so.0.0.0 has made no difference since I've been using diablo.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mister Ecua: I think you should try reflashing your tablet to the latest OS2008, go into "Red Pill" mode, then try installing RTComm Beta 0.7 again. I really think this will get things to work. Don't forget to go back to Blue Pill mode when you're done installing.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm