Active Topics

Notices

Thanks robbie and peter.
I think in the end I manually copied all important files (sms database, notes, bookmarks), reflashed and recovered my previous backup through backupmenu, followed by recopying the precious files.
I could not delete this file in any way or OS I found possible. Will look at sparse file info.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
http://maemo.cloud-7.de/maemo5/et_al...ogs/BM.install

tested on a random plain fremantle install as old as it gets. Check catalogs in HAM after this! get a cup of tea! takes AGES

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2016-04-20 at 00:32.

Small bug leaving this excellent BackupMenu without password protection in case of openssl failure (after changing the version for example): see here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Is there any fix for the non-protected password in backupMenu? If you boot to backup menu then get to the password prompt just hitting enter a few times will get you to backup menu UI.

x

Originally Posted by xman View Post
Is there any fix for the non-protected password in backupMenu? If you boot to backup menu then get to the password prompt just hitting enter a few times will get you to backup menu UI.

x
Strange, not happening to me. After 3 tries, it is locked. I have CSSU-t installed. What is your setup?

I have CSSU. I wonder if a file or config is corrupted and this is a fall back. glade it's not universally broken, could mean I can fix it. May need to track down all the files. I can also try passed reset and see if it sticks. Been awhile since I tried to fix it, so forget what I tried.

x

Last edited by xman; 2020-01-19 at 00:11.

Not so many files actually, if we
Code:
$ cat  /var/lib/dpkg/info/backupmenu.list
And reinstalling?

(for fresh linux users: )
Code:
$ root
$ apt-get install --reinstall bootmenu backupmenu

Last edited by ric9K; 2020-01-17 at 21:24. Reason: posting too fast, always missing details, details...

The Following User Says Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
I didn't think it would work, but tried anyway. And remember now that was the case before. Though probably on a fresh OS install maybe, not doing that .

Will continue looking when I have time.

x

Hi everyone! I had some experience with MeeGo and Sailfish, but not at all with other Meamo-ish OSes.

I am looking for a windows tool that can extract firmware/dump rom once I plug in the device to pc. I am familiar with UI-less thor2 tool that boots the windowsphone to mass storage mode and then I can read/dump rom with win32imager or similar into a flashable img file. I am looking for something similar for Meamo-ish OSes. Most important thing is that I don't install anything to the device. If I understand correctly, v1 works as an app for the device, but I am not sure if I understand v2. Can it work from windows without being installed to the device?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
Most important thing is that I don't install anything to the device.
Then you are out of luck, I'm afraid. In its factory configuration, Maemo only exports the MyDocs partition (where your music, pictures, videos and documents are).

You can use the Nokia Suite, if you can find an old version (3.8.54, if I remember correctly; do not, I repeat not use any of the newer Microsoft stuff, it is aimed at newer devices and does not work with the N900), but that will only go as far as backing up your applications and contacts, not a full ROM image backup.

BackupMenu really is your best option. It can create a proper full backup (hence the name). But it requires installing something on the device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system