Active Topics

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ St Helens, England.
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
What exactly did you do? I saw the exact same post on lost root password for SSH thread; both these are distinct threads so please explain what you did and what have you tried to do to fix it...
Well, I read in one of the comments that you had to enable the root login before disabling the auto brightness, so I did that first, I was just wondering if anyone had this problem on either of these mods. I edited the /etc/mce/mce.ini file by changing filter-brightness-als to filter-brightness-als. When my phone wasn't working correctly, I changed the file back but it didn't help with anything.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ St Helens, England.
I fixed it! I used winflasher to re-install the firmware! I'm so happy it worked!

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
I have the filter-brightness-simple now working, at least most of the time. Every now and then I get the black screen effect when double-tapping the lock screen (once in couple of weeks or so).

If you want to see the effect, do

echo 0 > /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/backlight/display0/brightness

To get screen back "echo 7 >...". When my screen suddenly turns black, something has written 0 there. Don't know what triggers that.
In case anyone else arrives here looking for this command line as I have, here's the command that worked for me:
Code:
echo $BRIGHTNESS > /sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness
Of course $BRIGHTNESS should be replaced by the desired number between 0 and 255.
I think the /sys/ folder structure is different since I switched from stock to CSSU Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to gebeleysis For This Useful Post: