Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Italia
Hi all

I would like to know if there are developers here, who would be able to create an alphanumeric keyboard with T9.

I really need it, but it seems that nobody is able (or want) to do it ..

I know there are already some alphanumeric kb, but WITHOUT T9..
And someone told me to get interested in maliit but I did not understand exactly what it is.

I also would love to have fruit ninja (I know that is not inherent, but I love it!)

I apologize if I made mistakes, I'm Italian..

Thanks to all!

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex.Kinney For This Useful Post:
+1

For all the searching I have done on this subject all I find is a few people saying it should be relatively easy to implement a Maliit plugin, but yet nothing has yet been developed. The current MesInput layouts are fine, but without T9 not very usable, I can just about manage the qwerty in portrait as quickly as i can multi tap, but T9 would be much faster!

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
+++++1 Again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jefftb For This Useful Post:
+1 Big time. I'd be willing to donate a few bucks for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
+1

For all the searching I have done on this subject all I find is a few people saying it should be relatively easy to implement a Maliit plugin, but yet nothing has yet been developed. The current MesInput layouts are fine, but without T9 not very usable, I can just about manage the qwerty in portrait as quickly as i can multi tap, but T9 would be much faster!
I do not know exactly what maliit is, I've subscribed a kind of mail list and I had also written to require the keyboard, and this is the response I received:

"A layout change alone is not enough, unfortunately.
The Maliit input method plugin used in the Nokia N9 by default is called MeeGo Keyboard[1]. To implement a T9 input method for this keyboard, one would have to write an input engine that is able to transform the keys pressed to the appropriate output characters. There might be open source libraries that can help with the T9 logic itself, I have not checked. It should be possible to ship such an input method engine as an addition on the Nokia N9 and have it be picked up by the existing keyboard. If you also want the ability to cycle through the candidate words using a key on the keyboard, one would need ship a custom Maliit plugin (or do some nasty hacking in the engine). Since the Meego Keyboard is BSD licenced one can easily base a custom plugin on it."

..The problem is that I did not understand anything!

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Me too!

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
T9 would be much faster!
+1 .. UP for my request.
We (I) need this kb!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
I've done maybe most spread alphanumeric KB for N9. but T9 is not possible to do for me. in any way.

Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Would also be willing to donate for this

Rusnak, I remember -> "there will be the need to code something maybe... out of my league. N9 contains XT9 (that is what gives you words to choose while you are typing on QWERTY), but it is not adjusted for use with this kind of typing - cycleset of more signs on one button. simply, for me it was not possible to use" ..

I opened this "request" hoping someone can help me (and the others who want/need T9)

UP for my request