Active Topics

After I found some time again and a bit of searching around, I just realized it's already possible to unlock the phone without fingerprint sensor or power button. Actually that was one thing I was missing before using it more frequently, but proximity sensor lpm mode and setting the triggers did the trick for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabbone For This Useful Post:
What is needed to move this project forward?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khm For This Useful Post:
Does this mean this project is dead?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabbone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabbone View Post
Does this mean this project is dead?
Not really dead, there were some changes on OBS so newer rootfs can be automatically build on GitLab CI (https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porters-ci). But I don't plan to look into more Mods support myself, especially since Keyboard Mod was cancelled, unfortunately.

Regarding double tap to wake, I didn't look into it. Generally it depends on touch screen driver support for this in kernel. Can Android do it on this device?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Not really dead, there were some changes on OBS so newer rootfs can be automatically build on GitLab CI (https://gitlab.com/sailfishos-porters-ci). But I don't plan to look into more Mods support myself, especially since Keyboard Mod was cancelled, unfortunately.

Regarding double tap to wake, I didn't look into it. Generally it depends on touch screen driver support for this in kernel. Can Android do it on this device?
I don't think it can, but for me it's enough that it can turn on the screen with proximity sensor.

I already feared that, as I also funded the keyboard. Do you know if the Q-device will support Sailfish?

Anyway thanks for your work you put into this

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabbone For This Useful Post:
Just a quick update, the repos are in place to upgrade to 3.0.0.8 via OTA. It is same process as with other ported devices:

Code:
ssu re 3.0.0.8
version --dup
If this does not work, please post output of "ssu lr" for system-enabled repositories.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
I am trying to install the rom and I am getting:

"Updater process endid with ERROR: 7 Error installing zip file filename"

It is a rooted Moto z play with TWRP 3.3. Nothing other than root was changed on the phone.

I've tried multiple ROMs, the last version 2 and the one deployed as a GIT artifact.

It fails on the this line "tar --numeric-owner -xvjf $FS_ARC -C $FS_DST". I've tried to run this on my linux machine and it works correctly.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
It is a rooted Moto z play with TWRP 3.3. Nothing other than root was changed on the phone.
Try to use TWRP 3.1 instead. There seems to be a bug in recent TWRP's tar utility causing it to run out of memory when unpacking.

Thank you, it works.