Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Latest Update.

"I have a N900 in my hands. "

I am assuming it is refurbished but it is hard to tell. Becky told me they do not send out retail units so the phone was in a brown box with only nokia markings. They say Nokia sends these phones from finland to be used as replacement phones.

So it might be new (if they do not have stock in refurbished) but prolly is not.

It seems to be in new condition with the same screen protector that came on a new one perfect condition.

One note.

The Micro USB port seems to be a slightly lighter colour then the one in my old device but I cant be sure.

Every thing else looks identicle.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:
Wow, awesome! very happy for you.

Did you have to send only your defective phone or the entire kaboodle with ac charger and cables for replacement?

Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
Latest Update.

I am assuming it is refurbished but it is hard to tell. Becky told me they do not send out retail units so the phone was in a brown box with only nokia markings. They say Nokia sends these phones from finland to be used as replacement phones.

So it might be new (if they do not have stock in refurbished) but prolly is not.

It seems to be in new condition with the same screen protector that came on a new one perfect condition.

One note.

The Micro USB port seems to be a slightly lighter colour then the one in my old device but I cant be sure.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
Latest Update.

One note.

very good, at least you got one!!

so there is a possibility that its only a refurbished one?

i notice in n900 usb port, the slot where the port plugged in is a bit big, unlike on other devices that you can almost tell that the port is attached to the plastic casing. on the n900, its like the only support is the board which is where it is attached.

so how do yours look like now? i can upload screen shots comparing my n900 to other device using micro usb if requested.

Lets see them.

Just received my replacement i think it’s a referb but cannot tell for Shure, the problem i have with it is they sent me the none uk keyboard version with the uk software, so some of the keys do not correspond.also it says insuffisient power to charge when connecting to usb and does not connect to pc suite, this did not happen to my other n900 same computer same cable. I will have to send back again. nokia are starting to p*ss me off

Last edited by jdave76; 2010-03-04 at 15:30.

Originally Posted by flydeep View Post
Wow, awesome! very happy for you.

Did you have to send only your defective phone or the entire kaboodle with ac charger and cables for replacement?
Just the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:
Of course havent gotten any work done today. As angry as I was with Nokia for mucking us all about on this. I do really love this phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SL33PY34 View Post
Lets see them.
i ran out of time for searching a camera, so i just download an image from a site (its on the pictures, i hope i wont be banned coz i do not intend of advertising like it looks).

heres the n97, which looks like the condition of my own device as well, looks really intact with the plastic part

here is the n900, if you all notice, the slot where the port is in looks there is nothing holding it but the solders inside the board.

EDIT: i doubt this will help, as when i was reviewing this post, looks the same to me, i really need to upload my own

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-03-04 at 18:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
So I got my New baby in the mail today. I took some shots of the USB female lead. sry if they are a little blurry. It seems the female lead comes out more. maybe leans on the surrounding plastic more now than before.
Also it seems the surrounding plastic around the keyboard has been fixed on this unit. the one I had before the platic around the keyboard was very loose.

Name:  2010-03-04 13.25.38.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  2010-03-04 13.24.40.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  2010-03-04 13.22.08.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  26.5 KB

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArmandHammer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ArmandHammer View Post
So I got my New baby in the mail today. I took some shots of the USB female lead. sry if they are a little blurry. It seems the female lead comes out more. maybe leans on the surrounding plastic more now than before.
Also it seems the surrounding plastic around the keyboard has been fixed on this unit. the one I had before the platic around the keyboard was very loose.

Attachment 7780

Attachment 7781

Attachment 7782
that's how exactly my n900's USB port current condition, what I posted is one of the first production, i believe

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty