Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
The version I got a few days ago was 20.2010.36-2 There was no way of finding out if it was global or UK until the UK one was actually released and someone had it installed and looked at the version.
Yes there is - the UK firmware version always uses .203 (or .205 for the Vodafone version). The other regional variants use similar codes (001, 002, etc) and the global one doesn't have an extended code.

You can also check this by seeing which mp-fremantle-XXX-pr package you have installed (dpkg -l "mp-fremantle*") - if it's mp-fremantle-generic-pr then it's generic, whereas the regional variants will have the region code instead of "generic".

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
what are the differences?
To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever found any differences, and Nokia have never admitted as to whether there are any

anyone got the UK update yet? I still have nothing OTA.

Originally Posted by purceywise View Post
anyone got the UK update yet? I still have nothing OTA.
nothing so far

is thier away to change the product code on the n900 so i can get the update i tried phoenix but you seem to need usename and password to change it. just don't fancy flashing and loosing my setup..

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jdave76 View Post
is thier away to change the product code on the n900 so i can get the update i tried phoenix but you seem to need usename and password to change it. just don't fancy flashing and loosing my setup..
no there is not

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
nothing so far
Oh well, its not as though they actively messaged us to let us know that an update was available.... oh... wait...

I have made myself sad now.

i didnt even know there was a update due untill i got a text from nokia, i got all excited and spent nearly 2 hours ( while at work) trying to update my phone only to find that nokia are treating there uk custumers as unimportant

still nothing. how dangerous is a flash to global firmware?!

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by purceywise View Post
still nothing. how dangerous is a flash to global firmware?!
about as dangerous as boiling an egg lol

honetly guys you should flash your device. i used to be in same position as you post pr1.2
i had brought my phone from vodafone and was running their firmware variant. it was painful waiting around for an update that was never coming!

i'm no geek, just a regular user and after reading a few threads and the wiki i just flashed to pr 1.2 global. i done a backup and only flashed the firmware not emmc. follow instructions, its very simple only takes like half hour. once thats done just do a backup restore and all your settings and apps will be reinstalled on your device.

simples (compare the meerkat lol)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nathaneous For This Useful Post: