Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
You could create a playlist, turn off the repeat mode and just copy your audiobook file to this new playlist. QuasarMX will automatically stop playback once the title has finished playing within that playlist.

As for turning off the player after a defined period of time, I am going to add a sleep timer in one of the next updates. I am missing this functionality too. Quite possibly with some advanced options, like invoking a custom script etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Well I guess that counts, even if it is a bit inconvenient.

Waiting for the update then

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
One thing that would be a really awesome addition would be reading FLAC track art - I don't think I've ever found a player which does this reliably. For example, it confuses the default player into using one piece of track art at random for the whole album!

In QuasarMX, track art is displayed where possible for most filetypes, and album art shows otherwise. When playing FLAC files, though, album art always shows, even where I've checked there's track art for each file. I don't know how feasible changing this would be, I'll admit.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Can I use media player, or even better, Xmms for the music engine instead of mplayer?

I'm running on Diablo OS by the way.

Cheers.

You are referring to Quasar Media Player, which was a front end to mplayer most of the time. There never was support for Xmms. Also Quasar Media Player is no longer being actively developed. There was another thread with a Diablo and Freemantle port of Quasar Media Player: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30901

This thread is about QuasarMX, the successor of Quasar Media Player. QuasarMX does no longer use external applications like mplayer as back ends. It uses several internal back ends, including its own portable Meteora back end or Phonon and Qt Multimedia, both of which use GStreamer on Linux.

Last edited by evilJazz; 2013-02-16 at 16:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
One thing that would be a really awesome addition would be reading FLAC track art - I don't think I've ever found a player which does this reliably. For example, it confuses the default player into using one piece of track art at random for the whole album!
FLAC is a bit problematic in regards to the embedded image files. It should already work, if the FLAC data is embedded in an Ogg container. There are also raw FLAC files with ID3 tag. Reading images from those files is currently not implemented. So, will look into that.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Hi, I've noticed that using a Bluetooth headset, when listening to music, after a phone call, the music does not resume. I have to manually start the music. It is clearly not big issue but if this is easy to fix, that would be nice. Note that this is working ok with the stock music player.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Hi, I've noticed that using a Bluetooth headset, when listening to music, after a phone call, the music does not resume. I have to manually start the music. It is clearly not big issue but if this is easy to fix, that would be nice. Note that this is working ok with the stock music player.
Yes, the so-called audio routing is fixed in the current update I am working on. I have introduced a new sub page in the Settings dialog called "Accessories" where you can change the behaviour. Also the phone and voice navigation (Nokia Drive) issue is fixed.

The work on the update is almost finished. It should be available soon via the Nokia Store. I will post a list of changes soon.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Hi there!

I've just downloaded the full version and i'm liking it. The biggest difference in sound is when the phone is connected to some big speakers. Bass is clear and loud in total contrast to the stok player. On headphones the difference is much more subtle but nonetheless noticeable. I've just one complain, the player doesn't save the sound preferences after quitting. Upon restart i have to go again to the settings pane to set the bass and treble enhancement.

Keep up the good work, i'm looking forward to install the newest version.

Me

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
FLAC is a bit problematic in regards to the embedded image files. It should already work, if the FLAC data is embedded in an Ogg container. There are also raw FLAC files with ID3 tag. Reading images from those files is currently not implemented. So, will look into that.
Yeah, they're raw FLAC with ID3. Be amazing if you could get those to read properly (the rest of the tags work perfectly, it's just track art).

Thanks!

Last edited by Eztran; 2013-02-19 at 09:27. Reason: I hate virtual keyboards

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx