Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
With Meefox and HeliumReborn it function, but i can't scroll the messages, so i can see only the newest
Someone that could translate that? http://aseman.co/en/products/cutegram/

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
This guy said that he could gives the code of Sailogram and support someone to port it to Meego!
https://openrepos.net/content/dax/sailorgram
someone that cans write programs for Meego?

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
I didn't want to announce anything before the first working version, but I've already started working on an N9 Telegram client, which I'll also release as free software (most probably GPLv3).
Current status: I've successfully integrated the tgl telegram library into my own application; and I'm able to register & log in and received contact list using Qt. I'm going to start working on the UI.

However, I cannot announce any release date currently. I work on it in my free time, so the progress is not fast. It might take a month (or even more) to release the initial version with minimal features. Other features will be added gradually.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
I didn't want to announce anything before the first working version, but I've already started working on an N9 Telegram client, which I'll also release as free software (most probably GPLv3).
Yay!

With Skype being proprietary, Facebook being Facebook, and WhatsApp also being Facebook. It feels like Telegram is the wisest direction to move when it comes to Internet messenger, even if it's not so popular yet.

To be honest, IMHO, the ideal would be an open, federated platform based on XMPP(or SIP) which supports sending text, voice/video call and also sending files. AFAIK, text/voice/video is already supported but I didn't find any client/server supporting sending images/audio and other files. (I found a draft for supporting such scenarios based on WebDAV, but apparently it is too new).

If that is supported properly, and the service is provided by at least a single server, I would jump on it and will try to encourage others to do so. XMPP is very close, but such an open platform is probably not commercially interesting for anybody to invest in.

I wonder what would happen if EMail was going to be invented these days! Your emails were probably limited to a single provider.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
...N9 Telegram client, which I'll also release as free software (most probably GPLv3).
Current status: ... release the initial version with minimal features. Other features will be added gradually.
Great.
Supported whatsUp by transifex translation and bitcoin money. Will do the same here. Please let is know when the right time to act...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I wonder what would happen if EMail was going to be invented these days! Your emails were probably limited to a single provider.
And by some reason it would support remote screen saver and internal flash. <sigh>

I'm not entirely comfortable with Telegram not released the server code yet but oh well. But built on XMPP it would make sure that no one nicked the standard and shut down the servers because money.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjukfan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DeadHorseRiding View Post
Great.
Supported whatsUp by transifex translation and bitcoin money. Will do the same here. Please let is know when the right time to act...
Thanks, sure I will.

And by some reason it would support remote screen saver and internal flash. <sigh>
)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Great news! Tell us if you need any support or someone to test it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
I am most definitely donating the moment you release a working Telegram client for my beloved N9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clozeone For This Useful Post: