Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Ok, this starts to sound like a hardware failure (and SIM card related)

But I would definitely try to flash the latest firmware given by evan!

Another idea:

Have you tried the paper-between-battery-and-SIM trick yet? And for the "All telephony functions, including emergency calls..."-error you could have look here Just read the two pages and maybe you'll be a lucky guy.

Regards,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-04-25 at 12:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Sorry to see you are still in the same situation.
I am not certain it's a firmware downgrade problem as I suggested before, but the "telephony functions disabled" message does show up in those situations.
If you would care to try with the firmware I suggested before the direct link from nokia navifirm servers is this
http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/fdp/i...ED_MR0_ARM.bin
Thank you Evan
I am definitely going to try that once I get back home from office. And I let you know.

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Ok, this starts to sound like a hardware failure (and SIM card related)

But I would definitely try to flash the latest firmware given by evan!

Another idea:

Have you tried the paper-between-battery-and-SIM trick yet? And for the "All telephony functions, including emergency calls..."-error you could have look here Just read the two pages and maybe you'll be a lucky guy.

Regards,

J4ZZ
Thanks for the idea bro I will try it I might be the lucky one.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Just found this again: You should definitely give it a go.

Eero Tamminen 2009-12-17 19:17:57 EET
I found one more way to get the device working again when the reason is max reboot count:
Try that on a plugged in wall charger or with USB port on PC after you successfully flashed both VANILLA and COMBINED image. (do not interrupt at 66%)

- take battery out

- insert USB cable (to boot device with charging boot reason)

- insert battery & put back cover back

- remove USB cable

Good Luck,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-04-25 at 18:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Thank you Evan and J4ZZ

I be posting the result here soon. Right now I am busy with my office work. So I can't wait to try all the advice.

Thank You

Hi jazz
I am here again the paper trick didn't work on me. Also I have tried flashing my device with the latest fw. even tried with pr1.1 global, us, uk, india and middle east variant. old vanilla as well. Still no joy.

When trying to boot it stop at *(*)*** and then shut down.

I also tried this with no joy
Code:
Try that on a plugged in wall charger or with USB port on PC after you successfully flashed both VANILLA and COMBINED image. (do not interrupt at 66%)

- take battery out

- insert USB cable (to boot device with charging boot reason)

- insert battery & put back cover back

- remove USB cable

Last edited by ijAcK; 2012-05-10 at 19:47.

Hello Good People

I've got a good news here. Today after a long break with my N900 I decided to test the battery with new one
Hallelujah
and it works work like a charms. Tested it and double tested it again and triple its fine. Bye bye all communication error.

How can it be a coincidence after installing nitdroid could break my working battery. Anyway it doesn't matter anymore. Now I know how maemo was so good I would never try any thing other than maemo. Maemo is simple enough.

I want to rename my thread as SOLVED.

Here is my success story in short. Might be helpful for others.
1. My N900 in a working state.
2. Install nitrdoid.
3. Cannot boot Maemo or Nitdroid
4. Flash with different firmware from all the available images and vanilla from HERE. Successfully flashed but no joy. Tried it on Ubuntu no joy.
5. After fiddling for a weeks I discover it work in rd mode if I interrupt my device while it is doing a flash. But can't get ride of all communication error
6. Tried paper trick between sim and battery no Joy
7. Install both CSSU Testing and Stable won't help.
8. Install Meego 1.2 Developer Edition on SD CARD (too slow as well as telephone call not working.
9. I started a private message with nicholes and asked him if he could send me his working roofts from backup menu. nicholes was so generous and kind to send me my request even though he was busy. But unfortunately it did not work.
10. Finally with a new battery it JUST work.

Thank You and I am posting this from my N900

Last edited by ijAcK; 2012-06-12 at 15:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to ijAcK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by ijAcK View Post
Hello Good People

I've got a good news here. Today after a long break with my N900 I decided to test the battery with new one
Hallelujah
and it works work like a charms. Tested it and double tested it again and triple its fine. Bye bye all communication error.

How can it be a coincidence after installing nitdroid could break my working battery. Anyway it doesn't matter anymore. Now I know how maemo was so good I would never try any thing other than maemo. Maemo is simple enough.

I want to rename my thread as SOLVED.

Here is my success story in short. Might be helpful for others.
1. My N900 in a working state.
2. Install nitrdoid.
3. Cannot boot Maemo or Nitdroid
4. Flash with different firmware from all the available images and vanilla from HERE. Successfully flashed but no joy. Tried it on Ubuntu no joy.
5. After fiddling for a weeks I discover it work in rd mode if I interrupt my device while it is doing a flash. But can't get ride of all communication error
6. Tried paper trick between sim and battery no Joy
7. Install both CSSU Testing and Stable won't help.
8. Install Meego 1.2 Developer Edition on SD CARD (too slow as well as telephone call not working.
9. I started a private message with nicholes and asked him if he could send me his working roofts from backup menu. nicholes was so generous and kind to send me my request even though he was busy. But unfortunately it did not work.
10. Finally with a new battery it JUST work.

Thank You and I am posting this from my N900
finally you got your n900 back!

BTW i am still confused, how can changing a battery can solve the problem

anyways cheers!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Hello guys,

I just encountered the same problem as the user iJack described. My build number is 2204 and i have tried flashing with both the vanilla image and the firmware after that; in addition, i have also tried cold boot as well. in all the steps, the device flashes, but it does not start up. it gets stuck on the nokia logo screen and it turns off after say 15 seconds. Can anyone please help me how to power this thing. The sad thing is that this particular one is brand new; i bought it to have it as a collection. sigh.....

Thanks