Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
005 == 001? quod esset demonstrandum

They are (slightly) different firmwares. No chance to ever go from a higher number to a lower number (okay, one exception: M$ brings out PR1.4 ).
About the differences of 001 (global) and 005 (???): no idea, but they are different releases.
yeah, that would be good but M$ is totally badass. im asking this cause i know eastern country variants usually has some restrictions and if it's true in this case i would flash with a better fw if possible.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If it is asian variant I would be very cautious flashing any other firmware to that device.

please check out mrcrab.net for more details.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-02-03 at 08:56. Reason: s/our/out

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Bricked my N9 :-( - updated gnugp and mp-harmatten was removed - did something else parallel and realized it to late ...

good to have everthing in place - bin and flasher - but flasher refuses to see my N9 on my mac - N9 is off=>starting flasher=>connecting N9 to USB=>long time nothing happens=> then:
Code:
Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
USB device found at bus 38, device address 2.
Device serial number is N/A
Sending request 0x01 failed: Operation timed out
NOLO_REQ_GET_STATUS: Operation timed out
ERROR: Device status query failed
any idea or will i have to boot my mac into Windows *brrrr*

[solved| ok, after only trying it 10 times my Mac finally recognized the Nokia - back in business ;-)

Last edited by elastic; 2015-02-17 at 15:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
If it is asian variant I would be very cautious flashing any other firmware to that device.

please check out mrcrab.net for more details.
of course i know how is it going. i had enough of it and i flashed it with a 009 variant (EU 2, or what). don't know which variant better, looks like same. some bugs disappeared.

but i can't understand something: if i want to charge the phone while it is off it automatically switches on. not always but usually happens this. when it switches on the screen freeze and i cannot type my pin and after a few seconds the phone restarts. what the heck is this?

another strange thing: the alarm is a crap! i can't use it while the phone is off. it just switches on, asks the pin and nothing happens. doesn't alarms. what the bloody hell?

hey guys i have problem with flashing i trying every version of software with polish lang, with every in cmd I see:
ERROR: SU_GET_UPDATE_REQ terminated with error code 10: Security Problem
[f] cert-sw
.bla
.bla
.bla
Fetching error list:
==================================
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
"Downgrade disallowed <1341300462>"
[Pipe 0] Finishing in error state with status 10

somebody would to help me?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Forget polish language!
Look for a FW with same or higher Number.
Every FW you can set after flashing to the language you like.

If it say Downgrade disallowed thats the problem what you can read here on every page.

YOU CAN'T FLASH A LOWER FW-Number!

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by jakqa View Post
hey guys i have problem with flashing i trying every version of software with polish lang, with every in cmd I see:
ERROR: SU_GET_UPDATE_REQ terminated with error code 10: Security Problem
[f] cert-sw
.bla
.bla
.bla
Fetching error list:
==================================
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read_failed
"Downgrade disallowed <1341300462>"
[Pipe 0] Finishing in error state with status 10

somebody would to help me?
As wrote already, you should choose a proper variant of the f/w to flash. Can you show the whole message that you get from flasher? That will show what's the current f/w the device has and what are you trying to flash.

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to flash my phone because of "Device not working properly" comes up when i start my phone. I've tried to flash it with windows xp and 7.

The problem is, when it's time to connect the phone to pc, nothing happens in the flasher, it just says the "suitable usb interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting", and my phone first starts with the nokia logo and the pc starts to install drivers or somethin and then stops that, then the phone goes to this state (sorry it's in finnish):
Attached Images

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ispi View Post
I'm trying to flash my phone because of "Device not working properly" comes up when i start my phone. I've tried to flash it with windows xp and 7.

The problem is, when it's time to connect the phone to pc, nothing happens in the flasher, it just says the "suitable usb interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting", and my phone first starts with the nokia logo and the pc starts to install drivers or somethin and then stops that, then the phone goes to this state (sorry it's in finnish):
Window does that for you, heh

I am sorry I cannot help you any further with that, I use only Linux exactly for the given reason.

[QUOTE=Ispi;1463121]I'm trying to flash my phone because of "Device not working properly" comes up when i start my phone. I've tried to flash it with windows xp and 7.

Have you tried installing Lumia Software Recovery Tool (Win 7 box only) as should include necessary flashing drivers ( yes, it is compatible N9) for it to recognise device?
http://download-fds.webapps.microsof...lInstaller.exe

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9