Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by marc_albero View Post
Hi everybody.
I'm trying to incept my n9 64gb.
Did you even read the last few posts in this thread?
We don't use Incept any more, read the posts on page 26 of this thread.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
And besides this "dpkg-deb: `inception_0.2.5_armel.deb' is not a debian format archive" error seems to indicate that you don't have downloaded a real package.
Try to open it e.g with a text editor, or if you have a Linux machine check with 'file' command: "file inception_0.2.5_armel.deb"

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
obliviously you trying to install file not located in folder where you working.

Sorry about my post... :-(

It was posted in a rush. It was my first hours of N9 hacking. I went through many posts and threads, trying to gather solid knowledge about inception and related hacks. Using the file command on linux was impossible to me at that time, because I wasn't at home, and only had a windows box at my disposal. On top of that, I was unfortunate enough to not notice the .deb link on page 26. I just posted, and ran... :-(

I understand Coderus has created an Inception derivative, simpler and more effective.

Another Inception alternative seems to be open mode. Any tutorial about applying it, that you guys could recommend me?

Finally: I guess the best hack of all is just installing another, freer OS than the stock harmattan my unit carries. I've looked into nitdroid and sailfish, but they are yet far from being functional. I guess the same applies to Firefox OS.

Do you know of any distribution (MeeGo, Ubuntu, whatever), that's fully funcional on N9, and that's open enough without having to mess around with hacks? Is there a tutorial about how flashing it onto the N9?

Thanks,
m.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
And besides this "dpkg-deb: `inception_0.2.5_armel.deb' is not a debian format archive" error seems to indicate that you don't have downloaded a real package.
Try to open it e.g with a text editor, or if you have a Linux machine check with 'file' command: "file inception_0.2.5_armel.deb"

Last edited by marc_albero; 2014-03-21 at 13:30.

@itsnotabigtruck
I have Nokia N9 China version and currently i am in India. Can i flash it with Indian Firmware. If yes then can i get Facebook, Youtube etc by default ?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by binu.vineet View Post
@itsnotabigtruck
I have Nokia N9 China version and currently i am in India. Can i flash it with Indian Firmware. If yes then can i get Facebook, Youtube etc by default ?
No China firmware cannot be flashed to any other firmware. But you can install facebook etc deb packages by switching the repository url.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
No China firmware cannot be flashed to any other firmware. But you can install facebook etc deb packages by switching the repository url.
But, by default Google shows Chinese language, and Facebook's deb is not available. Youtube client(CuteTube) is there but not working saying that "cannot play video".

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by binu.vineet View Post
and Facebook's deb is not available.
Quoting short and clear answer from rainisto: "But you can install facebook etc deb packages by switching the repository url".

Last edited by minimos; 2015-07-04 at 16:48. Reason: fixed typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Quoting short and clear answer from rainisto: "But you can install facebook etc deb packages by switching the repository url".
Thanks,
I have China version N9 and my friend is having India version N9. Camera quality of India version is very good and sharp compare to China one.
How is it possible ?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Possibly related to hardware?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
aegis, inception, pr1.3, root-access