Originally Posted by ejcrashed View Post
On my N900 i'm getting the exact same output as xes for ldd... and dpkg -s libqtm-11-location commands but gps still doesn't work.

xes, just for comparisons sake, i'm using

- Latest CSSU update
- Kernel Power 49
- I have AGPS disabled
Sorry, the situation is the same....

Thanks,

Finally I got CloudGPS working on my N900.

Again, very big thanks.

a new little issue..

Sometimes cloudgps crashes without any message as soon it loads all the current map view...

A few times, it repeated the crash until the next reboot.

Sorry but until now i haven't any addictional info.
I suppose i should start it from a term to view some error message.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
a new little issue..

Sometimes cloudgps crashes without any message as soon it loads all the current map view...

A few times, it repeated the crash until the next reboot.

Sorry but until now i haven't any addictional info.
I suppose i should start it from a term to view some error message.
I suppose you should, also syslog and dmesg output here.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I've got that installed (as well as libqtm-12), but ldd shows that cloudgps is actually linking against the library from libqtm-location.
Thanks for spotting that. I suspect that the libs/linking are the main cause of GPS issue and I wanted to prepare a static linked to confirm/rule that out. Unfortunately my dev env broke and I had to address it. I did not have enough time to prepare static linked version during the weekend. I hope to find time during the following weekend to do so.

Even without static version we can make some progress. Lets check if the libqtm-location version difference is related to GPS issue. Could you post the version of libqtm-location installed on your N900?

On my N900 (GPS working fine in CloudGPS) version 1.0.2-maemo4+0m5 of libqtm-location is installed. Is your version different?

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by xes View Post
New issue...
It is a little difficult to explain but i'll try
imagine one offline only map, a rectangle of a certain area from zoom 9 to 16 with no http link.
While running in offline mode...I discovered that very often cloudgps does not load any part of the map also if i'm over the right zone and the debug window (H) shows me that there is a green square under the cursor.
Moving, zooming in or out after some time it loads the map (it is not a mumble state or too cpu load)

What do you think about?
Not sure if I understand correctly what you are trying to convey to me but I will try with the closest thing I can think of. I think you are describing a situation when background tile loading threads hang. I have explained that earlier in the context of downloading from network, but reading from eMMC can also easily get stuck for a long while when some background process uses a lot of IO (for example tracker processes). This is the original explanation from post #300:

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Rendering should never get locked. I use CloudGPS quite extensively and it just never does. Tile loading on the other hand can easily get locked. Tile loading uses only two threads on N900 (I benchmarked it and it is the most optimal value for N900). When there are two downloads in progress every new download request gets queued until one of those two finish because starting new thread is just too heavy for N900. Downloading currently uses blocking API and this means that it can easily get stuck waiting for data from network. I plan to rewrite downloading using non-blocking API so that:
- there will be many simultaneous downloads possible (up to twenty for example) per one thread,
- downloads that are in progress and are not necessary anymore will be canceled,
- downloads stalled will be canceled and retried,
- it will use even less resources than current implementation.

This should resolve the issue you described and should also improve responsiveness and tile loading time a lot.
In practice I find restarting the application resolving this state of 'not loading anything because of stuck threads'.

Non-blocking API use is still not here. I spent some time on it and tried to implement a proof of concept using non-blocking API. While it somehow worked it introduced a lot of new problems. The loading does not work that bad currently and right now I plan to focus on other things. Will get back to non-blocking API if I have more time.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
On my N900 (GPS working fine in CloudGPS) version 1.0.2-maemo4+0m5 of libqtm-location is installed. Is your version different?
GPS not working

libqtm-location 1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1 (so, a diff there!)

I also have libqtm-11-location installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
GPS not working

libqtm-location 1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1 (so, a diff there!)
Same for me. I'll have a look at what was changed for the CSSU version.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Same for me. I'll have a look at what was changed for the CSSU version.
Well, there shouldn't be any real differences. The only patch added is to add a signal for updating the media library.

It definitely is down to this though - running "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm11/lib /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps" gets the GPS working perfectly. I've added in a shell script to do this, and changed the .desktop file to point to that instead.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Well, there shouldn't be any real differences. The only patch added is to add a signal for updating the media library.

It definitely is down to this though - running "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm11/lib /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps" gets the GPS working perfectly. I've added in a shell script to do this, and changed the .desktop file to point to that instead.
I can confirm this.
I suppose that the problem appears after the install of libqtm-12 (that now contains also libqtm-12-location)

Tags
best gps app