Active Topics

Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Firstly, apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have been following this thread since day one (I have donated my 100 EUR) and I have not seen the following mentioned:-

Would it be possible to include remote control of the media player via the headphone/microphone/line in socket?
You know the type, a simple stop/start next/prev via buttons on the headphone cord.....

Great project, keep up the good work, much appreciated...
--
Owner of four N900's

Last edited by macey; 2014-01-16 at 01:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Got excited when I saw the newsletter - RGB KB BACKLIGHT!!

Sounds like something I mentioned/requested a few weeks back

Question about donations - I donated on day one or two, can I donate again now (100 EUR - if open still) and use this for my final unit?
If yes, how would I go about using two different order reference codes to purchase final unit?

Last edited by kingoddball; 2014-01-16 at 00:34.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Question about donations - I donated on day one or two, can I donate again now (100 EUR - if open still) and use this for my final unit?
If yes, how would I go about using two different order reference codes to purchase final unit?
Generally we don't support that since it gives us overhead and wrong numbers in preorders. One device one donation >=100. It's not yet decided if we will generally allow to claim multiple donation-ordernumbers on one device to order, later on. Probably not - except for those cases where we explicitly allowed for the donors to do so when they asked, basically these were some of the 1500+ proto donations.

Don't worry, we are not exactly short on money, particularly not on preorder money - we need to "pay back" all of that anyway, so adding up on your 100+ donation doesn't really make a difference for the project. When you really want to donate for love, you can donate amounts <100EUR which don't create a voucher.
/j

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I read the thing on 'Destination not available'. So does that mean I can't donate?

From Malaysia BTW.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Same as Akkumaru.What about India?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Question about donations - I donated on day one or two, can I donate again now (100 EUR - if open still) and use this for my final unit?/
I asked the very same question a few dozen pages back, when the donations just opened. Except that my motives were purely egoistic: I want the device but may find it difficult to fork out the full amount in one go so I thought about paying in installments. Since then I figured out it is easier to just put the money away than mess with preorder numbers.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-01-16 at 08:30. Reason: s/couple dozen/few dozen - turns out it was more than 70 pages back :)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
Same as Akkumaru.What about India?
Kenya too, asked before, pls assist.

The Following User Says Thank You to Freddie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Malaysia, India, Kenya... sounds like we have a lot of interest from "unsupported" countries.

How difficult would it be implement something like this?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by macey View Post
Would it be possible to include remote control of the media player via the headphone/microphone/line in socket?
You know the type, a simple stop/start next/prev via buttons on the headphone cord.....
The Neo900 is going to have a headphone jack that's compatible with the N900, right?

Do any of the old-style Nokia headsets (OMTP) have media controls?

Would it be possible for the Neo900 to have an dual OMTP/AHJ like some of the newer Luminas are supposed to have?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by JohnHughes View Post
The Neo900 is going to have a headphone jack that's compatible with the N900, right?

Do any of the old-style Nokia headsets (OMTP) have media controls?

Would it be possible for the Neo900 to have an dual OMTP/AHJ like some of the newer Luminas are supposed to have?
I am not sure what your point is here. Yes, the headphone jack of the Neo900 will be 'compatible' with that of the N900, in the sense that you can plug in a set of 'minijack' headphones (or microphone) and they will work. But, the Neo900 already has extra functionality planned for that jack, Line I/O...

I was just requesting consideration of a further enhancement. Surely, that is what the Neo900 project is aiming for, an 'enhanced'
N900?

BTW, in what sense is the Neo900's usb socket 'compatble' with that of the N900? It's a different size/standard. (I am using this as a point of illustration only).

I think my request is worthy of consideration....

--
Owner of four N900's, Neo900 100EUR + donor

Last edited by macey; 2014-01-17 at 05:11.

Tags
neo900, thank you!