Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Shangri-la Oregon
I don't believe XP Home can be used for an RDP host, only as a client, at least without doing a little hacking.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlslate For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
check for some old threads through google.

here is one for example:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=15448

i'm sure there was a howto for xp home.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I have no doubt that the "connection rejected" issue you are having is due to the fact you are using Windows XP Home. RDP hosting was specifically left out of the Home addition.

Google "XP Home RDP Hack" for more information. It should be possible to modify Home to host a RDP session, but you'll have to do this before it will work on that machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to sic0048 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've got TightVNC plus the Mirage Driver for TightVNC on my home computer with VNC Viewer on my tablet.

The end result on my side is pretty, darn fantastic.

Any additional benefits for opting on pyRDesktop over my current set up that I have?

The Windows home hack is a little spooky for me, but certainly is something I think I could manage if it would be worth the extra trouble.

Hi there!
This IS the killer app for my tablet as it works great and is fast and reliable. I would just like on simple (I hope) thing that I've seen somewhere for the older app but I can't find how to do.
Basically I'd like to know if there's a config file that can be changed in order to make hardware buttons act in a different way.
I'd like the "back" hardware button to send "backspace" keystroke instead of "esc" and maybe it would be nice if the volume buttons on the uper part of the tablet could be programmed to increase or decrease volume on the desktop pc.
This rdp is perfect for controlling your mediacenter (xp or vista or seven mce) without turning the tv on but just playing some music with the screen off, so remapping those buttons wold be the best thing for me!
If there's someone who could explain me how to do it I would really appreciate.
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by rcboyit View Post
Hi there!
This IS the killer app for my tablet as it works great and is fast and reliable. I would just like on simple (I hope) thing that I've seen somewhere for the older app but I can't find how to do.
Basically I'd like to know if there's a config file that can be changed in order to make hardware buttons act in a different way.
I'd like the "back" hardware button to send "backspace" keystroke instead of "esc" and maybe it would be nice if the volume buttons on the uper part of the tablet could be programmed to increase or decrease volume on the desktop pc.
This rdp is perfect for controlling your mediacenter (xp or vista or seven mce) without turning the tv on but just playing some music with the screen off, so remapping those buttons wold be the best thing for me!
If there's someone who could explain me how to do it I would really appreciate.
Thanks in advance
Try this:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Remapping_keyboard

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
any chance of getting pyRdesktop compiled also for N900 ?

Thanks.

Sound is not working, well it is, but it is clunky and robotic, so you can't tell a difference between the types of sounds.
Is there a fix for this?
I'm using the N810.
Thanks

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop