Active Topics

Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
The instructions say you must disable Aegis before installing this patch... so in order to do that, I need to have Inception installed....right?

EDIT: LIES. I only need Coderus's aegis-hack, is that right?

EDIT2: Reread this thread and actually absorbed the information into my brain. In order to install with aegis-hack you have to follow the steps THP said to make a deb or such, which I cannot do with my limited skills :/ Next step, figure out how to enable open mode?
I Down loaded acf libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb
And install aegis hack . Made a folder called cd were i have libsms deb file . Then i start the terminal app . Write devel-su . Then password :rootme . Then Write : cd /home/user/MyDocs/(name of folder were the libs deb file are ) for me the folder is cd . Hit enter
Now you Write :aegis-dpkg -i libsms-utils0_0.5.17.3+0m7_armel-mod.deb hit enter.
Now it finish . But i installed Harmoji before i did the rest .

Originally Posted by hedayat View Post
@thp: As you are already patching libsms-utils, I was wondering if replacing "UCS-2" with "UTF16" (AFAIK, it is recognized by iconv as UTF-16) is enough?
FYI: I finally decided to fix emoji bug on my N9, and tried my proposed solution first. It seems to work fine (I send an SMS with emoji to myself and received it successfully. Not tested with another person yet). Well, it is still the solution provided by thp, but implemented differently.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
FYI: I finally decided to fix emoji bug on my N9, and tried my proposed solution first. It seems to work fine (I send an SMS with emoji to myself and received it successfully. Not tested with another person yet). Well, it is still the solution provided by thp, but implemented differently.
Good news dude!

Maybe you should do a new libsms-utils.deb that everyone can test please 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iryus For This Useful Post:
Thanks.
Unless this solution provides real benefits for users, I think having a single working .deb for users is better and less confusing for them (so they won't ask "which one should I use?!"). And creating a proper .deb which doesn't cause MALF on anyone's N9 needs some time which I'd prefer to spend elsewhere if I found it!

And for more experienced users, testing my solution should be fairly easy: all it needs is a hex editor (or a sed like utility for binary files) to replace UCS-2 with UTF16 in libsms, copying it in /usr/lib (preferably after backing up the original one!), and update refhashlist (needs 'real' root access, e.g. using opensudo).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
@hedayat=> You're rght, simple user prefer easy installation, that means .deb...anyway thank you i'll test your tips ;-)

BTW, I'll attach my modified libsms.so as soon as I got home so that the first step isn't necessary.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
sorry, I forgot this thread.
My libsms-utils is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: gz libsms-utils.so.0.0.0.gz (26.4 KB, 116 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post:
sorry, I forgot this thread.
My libsms-utils is attached.
Hello, I can confirm It works without problems, thanks mate ��

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Can these changes also be applied to the N900 SMS fix? It would be nice to be able to send or send on emoji in SMS without erroring out.
Is there an emoji virtual keyboard for the N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Can these changes also be applied to the N900 SMS fix? It would be nice to be able to send or send on emoji in SMS without erroring out.
Is there an emoji virtual keyboard for the N9?
Notice that this fix is for *receiving* SMSes with Emoji characters. For sending, there is Harmoji package for N9, which provides appropriate font(s) and also an emoji virtual keyboard. But I'm not sure if there is an equivalent package for N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to hedayat For This Useful Post: