Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Seems like company called Infiniti is behind the Jolla phone design.

http://nokiagadgets.com/2013/03/11/i...-phone-design/

What about Creoir?
Further details

Jolla hires designers behind Huawei devices, Nokia E-Series for Sailfish phone

For us, the partnership with Jolla is a great opportunity to apply our strong experience in working with products aimed at the global market. The best part of the co-operation is that we get to create something unique, something that will impact an entire industry - Veikko Rihu, Managing Director at Infinity Design.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Jolla will be very reluctant to do this. After all, a lot of folks might decide that instead of buying the new Jolla phone, they might just keep their N9's running Sailfish for free.
I guess there will be tempting (closed, commercial) premium on real devices. Android-support, for one, will not be open. And the device itself should be a nice upgrade as well over the aging N9.

If anything, Sailfish on the N9 is more like a "try before you buy" and perhaps an extra incentive to create / port apps for Sailfish to current owners.

I'd applaud Jolla if they release or "just" help with an N9 port. I doubt it will hinder my willingness to buy the actual device (if it does, then they've messed something up big time)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I will also applaud and maybe even cheering if jolla helping the poor n9 users(me included).

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
I look forward to the smart jolla

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Seems like company called Infiniti is behind the Jolla phone design.

http://nokiagadgets.com/2013/03/11/i...-phone-design/

What about Creoir?
More speculation from me:

Creoir to design slab device, Infiniti to design qwerty device (going of the fact that they helped with the E-series).

i wish jolla phone screen size is 95%+ of their phone size! unlike their competitors"s ugly space for accomadating the boring physical buttons.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I'd be really impressed if Infiniti makes a N900/E7 like phone with a slimmer profile and a 12mp camera running Sailfish...take my money now!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Just semi preordered my device. Reserved 500 EUR on an newly opened account called jolla. Where is my device?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@ZackMorris
We all here wish for that! And I hope first Jolla phone will have the built and materials of the E-series like E61&E7!

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@ZackMorris
We all here wish for that! And I hope first Jolla phone will have the built and materials of the E-series like E61&E7!
I'd be flippin' delighted if Jolla came out with a form factor like the N950 with enhanced internals! That could make sense, right? It'd be new to the general public, they've been using the N950 as a demo device, and it would certainly be "unlike" the standard bar design.

I've never held an N950, though. Do you guys think that it'd work for Jolla?

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?