The Samsung i8910 HD runs 62 apps at once.

in what we can only interpret as a large middle finger and "come here" gesture to all who aspire to the cell phone multitasking heavyweight title
I'm guessing the N900 can better that, no?

The cynic in me was wondering if the N900 even had 62 apps, but watching the video, I see some of the apps are pretty trivial (I think I saw one called 'About'), and looking on my N900, I see close to 100 apps installed, so I'm sure there are 62 things to install and run that will show up in the task switcher.

However, it has to be said that the Sammy still remains remarkably responsive despite having so many apps to switch between. Perhaps this is a job for an overclocked N900?

Anyone tried?

i8910 HD is a little bit stronger

ha ha ha

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Prague
hmm, clocked at 800MHz , but i have only 54 apps so i run them all (dos "settings ,phone" and other like this count ?)
Little lagish ,just nothink serious

I'll give it a try after PR1.2, at the moment some of the apps on the repos are not installable.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
althought its nice to know that you have the horsepower to run 62 or 100 apps at the same time , its quite pointless . i never used more that 4 to 6 apps at the same time .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to on3st4b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by on3st4b View Post
althought its nice to know that you have the horsepower to run 62 or 100 apps at the same time , its quite pointless . i never used more that 4 to 6 apps at the same time .
True enough (IMO) ... though there is a marketing opportunity, no?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
I got to 46 but ran out of apps and was still running decently smooth but that was including media player playing mp3s, all games running if they could (Airport, bejeweled, mahjong, marbles, chess etc), drnoksnes, web, pdf reader, settings, app manager, file manager etc etc. You get the idea.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
I've only tested 40 apps, i've not much more to test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yB_6E_uHg

But i'll try that test!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
How about 100 conversation windows opened? Or 100 browser windows? That's about equal to 100 apps, right? (Is one browser window = one instance of the app, or is it just one app no matter how many browser windows opened?)

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@JMacalinao - you'd never be able to get 62 browsers open on the N900 (and that is a challenge!)

With that many apps "open" the system would be running so slowly you'd be faster to have the apps open and close as you use them (i.e. normal behavior).

it's an interesting proof of concept though.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.