Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by stderr View Post
Hi folks,

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
Round about 1050 upgraded packages ... take some time.

Upgrade works fine.

[snip]

But in the System-Info-Tool the version is still shows "10.2010.19-1" ... but who cares?
Did the same and have exactly the same 'problem'. Still old version number in about screen.

My only worry is that i don't know what else isn't updated. apt-get upgrade says that 0 have to be upgraded so i'm not sure why the about screen isn't updated.

Is there another way to force the update again in application manager or from command line?

I know a reflash is always possible but if i can prevent that, I will.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brussels, Belgium
I'm in China, and I had to run the update through fapman twice to have it installed correctly. So far, no problem with my apps.

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Click on update > details > problems and then tell me what packages are conflicting with it.
Thanks. That plus a few 'apt-cache rdepends' commands helped me confirm a problem with tuxracer. Uninstalling it allowed me to update OTA rather than force a NSU flash.

Details for those interested:
Turned out that 'tuxracer' depends on 'libgles1' which, in turn, depends on 'libgles1-sgx-img' (which was listed as the conflict in the problems tab within App Manager > Update > Maemo5 > Details).

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
(South Africa). I couldnt run the update through the normal App Man, So me being Mr smarty-pants went and did the update through "FasterDownloadManager". It dowloaded fine, and started installing. Got to about 60%...."Could not complete install. Some packages have not installed. You need to fix this manually. Good luck." Reflash .dat style. Alls good in the world. One bug though, Ctrl+n in browser sometimes does not want to load the web page. Anyone else seen this problem?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
need help: i have PR 1.3 20.2010.36-2.003 Latest Maemo 5 Middle East and North Africa release for Nokia N900, can i flash with Global firmware version Latest Maemo 5 Global release for Nokia N900 PR 1.3 20.2010.36-2.MR0???

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ BANGALORE
Originally Posted by ashy View Post
In India, only update on Maemo 5 and libqtm-messaging. what about the rest compared to 1st post's picture ?

Anything wrong ??
Even the 1st post picture was from a N900 in INDIA

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
where the heck is official changelog?This thread and many others with people "reporting" fixed stuff is just waste of bits in server.I bet that this firmware was ready for many weeks and changelog should be released same time with fw.Same way as 1.2 had changelog and diff. Speaking about fixes etc is waste of time without that log.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Did the same and have exactly the same 'problem'. Still old version number in about screen.

My only worry is that i don't know what else isn't updated. apt-get upgrade says that 0 have to be upgraded so i'm not sure why the about screen isn't updated.

Is there another way to force the update again in application manager or from command line?

I know a reflash is always possible but if i can prevent that, I will.
try "apt-get install --reinstall mp-fremantle-pr" and reboot

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by mesz View Post
In Indonesia,

Update were available last night, 3 components updated via NSU:
- Maemo 5
- libqtm-messaging
- libqtm-mobility

Multiboot still available, so my NITDroid still available (tested just now).
All mods, nothing is changed.

update was applied while I'm using titan kernel, though after that required to reboot

all apps installed none of them missing,...
So just still don't believe update is so easy like this.

I case needs reflasing,...
I'm downloading full firmware with PR 1.3 now from
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

So I think PR 1.3 (full firmware) is available globally.

But for partial update via NSU I think It's not fully available globally.
if i want to flash with global version and which file i have to download to flash emmc as well, do we have new version of it?

what could be the problem... why the rest was not shown up in my mobile ??

How do i update... some step by step help is required...

Thanks