Active Topics

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
**SUGGESTION** WHY DON'T WE START A THREAD WHERE SOLUTIONS CAN BE PROVIDED THROUGH VNC.

I know this could be seen by many people as a very immature and silly idea, but I don't know, I just felt like such thing would be useful to many people -including me-.
To be frank, I don't have enough experience that lets me to decide whether this idea is practicable and efficient or not.
Especially considering this aspects:

-IP's addresses sharing problem. (any ideas plz?)
-The appropriate way to know what problems should this thread handle and what appropriate protocol that rules this process.

Actually this idea need people who are expert in related fields.

Any ideas?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
This might be usable if the devices are connected via wlan and both sides may configure routers and their firewalls easily.

Actually the multiple problems to get the real IPs and to circumvent the firewall, that mobile carriers use to actually protect you from your bad secured and configured phone, may provide a larger problem than the easy, but time consuming Q&A here.

Nevertheless: There might be ways to get around that, like there is reverse ssh to use ssh around a blocked port 22 by mobile providers

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
@michaaa62

You are right! It seems to my too complicated considering the easy and effective normal Q&A method.
So using the method that you mentioned give the ability running commands through normal UI or develing into the entire OS.

Not to mention that doing something, instead of teaching people how to do it, isn't good idea
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
inb4
Code:
# dd if=/dev/zer0 of=/dev/mtd1 && sync && reboot

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
inb4
Code:
# dd if=/dev/zer0 of=/dev/mtd1 && sync && reboot
Hey, I tried that command and got an error
Code:
dd: opening `/dev/zer0': No such file or directory

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Hey, I tried that command and got an error
Code:
dd: opening `/dev/zer0': No such file or directory
Luckily, at least for those Dummies, that use everything they find on the web, Hurrian put that error into that command!
But you are welcome to think about that code, and finally ...
you will not want to use it.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Luckily, at least for those Dummies, that use everything they find on the web, Hurrian put that error into that command!
But you are welcome to think about that code, and finally ...
you will not want to use it.
I wouldn't have run it if I hadn't seen the error. And even then I modified it to make it harmless.

And the point Hurrian was making (for anybody that missed it) is that you can't trust people online not to be malicious, especially if you are offering to give up control of your machine to them.