You have been helped. You can go, now.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
DavyP, how development is going on? Will you release new versions of PhoneME for N9 and N900?

What features are you missing? Or have you run into some bugs, that need fixing?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What features are you missing? Or have you run into some bugs, that need fixing?
Well, I think I have just one feature request: make some more convinient way to open vkb, because I often accidentially open it when scrolling maps. Maybe make it through a double tap or something like that?

But, actually, I was just wondering if development have come to a halt. Because you had such a long TODO list on your site and I hadn't heard anything about PhoneME for a long time

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to disable the keyboard appearance?
And how can I centered screen?

Last edited by hood; 2012-11-06 at 08:13.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 603 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
DavyP, how development is going on? Will you release new versions of PhoneME for N9 and N900?
My apologies for not being as active as I used to be. I have been fairly occupied with other projects at work.

I have been looking into some JIT issues that were reported for Android, but I was able to reproduce them too on Maemo/N9. So I am trying to address those first in the little spare time I have.

Regards,
Davy

The Following User Says Thank You to DavyP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skate_boy92 View Post
Java games are playable, but no sound supported?
It depends. I use native APIs to play sounds, but not all audio formats are supported.

Davy

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
plz help me i cannot use any free sms java apps on my n900. plz help
What you need is a decent and complete implementation of JSR 120 or JSR 205. Neither of them are supported at this point.

The JSR 120 that is currently integrated only provides the Java interfaces of the API, not the actuall application backend. This already helps to run applications with such a dependency. They would otherwise crash with an exception stating that certain classes are missing.

Regards,
Davy

Originally Posted by pepitoe View Post
Is there any chance that the menus at the bottom of the screen used by some apps can be made more touch friendly? Now that the virtual keyboard works it is the only major usability problem on the N9 as currently the menu items are too small to be easy to select by touch.
The problem with phoneME is that the whole GUI is based on bitmaps and matching bitmap fonts. The original phoneME background images were aimed for 320x240 style devices.

I replaced the bitmap font with the hosts text rendering engine to support more characters, and to support high resolution displays (800x480 and 854x480) I doubled the size of all images and font sizes. Unfortunately, merely changing the size of the menu entries is fairly complicated. The easiest approach would be the scale up the original images with a factor 2.5 or 3, but obviously this would scale up the whole display, not just the menu.

Davy

Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Well, I think I have just one feature request: make some more convinient way to open vkb, because I often accidentially open it when scrolling maps. Maybe make it through a double tap or something like that?

But, actually, I was just wondering if development have come to a halt. Because you had such a long TODO list on your site and I hadn't heard anything about PhoneME for a long time
Yes, I am quite aware there have not been any updates recently. See my previous post.

Regarding the vkb: in an earlier build, I actually used double tap to trigger it, but I found it less pleasant than the one I have now. Maybe I should make it a configurable option where you can choose whatever trigger you like (double tap or long press).

Davy