Posts: 38 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ rochester
I would like to know peoples thoughts on bitcoin.

-Does anyone in the community use bitcoin?

-Would anyone in the community use bitcoin in conjunction with the n900 or other device?

-Does any one think that that maemo.org would benifit from using bitcoin for donation or maybe to fund the new neo900 project?

Thanks for your input.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The N900 was the first mobile device to demonstrate a full function bitcoin app, though it is command line only, currently no GUI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by PWN900 View Post
I would like to know peoples thoughts on bitcoin.
Awesome, under-appreciated, have some niggly and annoying to me flaws (possibility of block chain forks, limited supply of currency which yes is infinitely subdivisible, but which current clients can only divide so much, which means when the day comes to split off more, there will be growing pains as clients upgrade inconsistently and so on).

-Does anyone in the community use bitcoin?
I intend to start, never got around to it.

-Would anyone in the community use bitcoin in conjunction with the n900 or other device?
Yes. In fact, one of the deciding factors of whether I use a technology for me is whether I can comfortably use it on an N900, or, now, an Neo900 hypothetically. It's not a necessary condition, but it's a really big plus.

-Does any one think that that maemo.org would benifit from using bitcoin for donation or maybe to fund the new neo900 project?
Yeah probably, I think some developers already take bitcoin donations, and I intend to, eventually. Actually, the only thing I need to do is pick one of my bitcoin addresses or whatever they're called, and copy it into my 'omg donate to me I'm needy' signature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ rochester
-Thanks for the info. I just got in to bitcoin myself. I like them so much i have decided to mine scrip coins.

-I was unaware that there was a app for bitcoin with out a GUI. I would very much so like to looking into making a GUI for it.

- I figure because the bitcoin is nativity opensource it would be something that people will be seeing more of in the opensource community within the next decade.

The Following User Says Thank You to PWN900 For This Useful Post: